Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Shooting pain in my bum :-\

(7 Posts)
firsttimemummy2109 Wed 02-Apr-14 07:53:05

Hi hope someone can help!

I am currently 35+6, earlier in my pregnancy I had an occasional ache in my pubic bone, it eased off and I've not had anything since. Not long after I had a twinge/shooting pain in my left bum cheek.

That also soon passed but on Friday, I stupidly did the shopping by myself and since then I've got this shooting pain in my right bum cheek! It's not eased off at all and last night was horrific, it caught me off guard and brought tears to my eyes.

I do have midwife appointment on Friday so I will check it with them then but until then does anyone have any idea what it actually is and what can ease it?? Is it just the way the baby is sitting and hitting a nerve??

Thanks in advance x

MrsMonkeyBear Wed 02-Apr-14 10:34:44

I get that too, I'm not quite 12 weeks but had it pre preg on occasion. I can only describe it as if someone has pinched my bum really hard. My GP said it was something to do with my sciatic nerve. Not as bad as full blown sciatica but it can be quite unnerving. Double check with your MW and see what they say.

LastOneDancing Wed 02-Apr-14 11:00:12

I get it overnight in both cheeks, it's really painful - punched in the bum is a good description!

I've assumed its the baby lying on my sciatic nerve too. I think it's pretty common.

firsttimemummy2109 Wed 02-Apr-14 11:20:19

Thanks guys! X

mandbaby Wed 02-Apr-14 11:52:10

It's definitely your sciatic nerve. I get a shooting pain in my bum cheek right down my leg. VERY annoying!

Sweetpea86 Wed 02-Apr-14 12:12:33

Yeah sciatic nerve by the sounds of things while i was at work my left bum check was in agony if I over do it I can feel it twinge just try and take it easy. See you GP and they can refer you to physio

Boogles91 Wed 02-Apr-14 12:14:58

Sciatica chuck...ive had it since i was 18 and i kniw its not nice sad when i didnt know i was pregnant i got up one day and it just started, i was taking tramadol and diazapam, but had to change to cocodamol after few days as tram was making me sick. Looking back i know it was most likely baby growing and hes survived it smile i did feel guilty when i found out though was worrying myself silly that id done something, as id also been to see my father in law for the day, a week before i did a test and we polished a bottle of brandy off between us 0.o the worst part about it is all you can do is take paracetamol wich dont touch it! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now