Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Too much on my body?

(15 Posts)
CarCiKoTab Tue 01-Apr-14 12:59:25

Hi all, I had my third child in September 2013 but I have recently found out I'm 10 weeks pregnant again with my fourth! My midwife expressed her concern about this whole thing been hard on my body, due to having all my children relatively close together at about 2-3 years between all. I am now terrified thinking that something is going to happen towards the labour day. I suppose I want to hear off people who are/have been in this situation or maybe you know of somebody, just to hopefully put my mind at ease. I know it will be hard I already feel exhausted but I'm not the only one surely. What do you think?

MolotovCocktail Tue 01-Apr-14 13:05:19

Well, as far as I know, short-spaced pregnancies put a strain on the abdominal muscles- there is a higher rate of distasis recti amongst mums of back-to-back babies.

Also, you have 3 young children already so of course, I would take a punt that you'll feel knackered a lot of the time!

How have you delivered your 3 children already: VBs? CSs?

Nutrition-wise, bulk up on your 5-a-day, iron, protein. You'll nees it to keep your health tip-top, especially if you're bf and intend to bf through pg, and bf the new baby.

MolotovCocktail Tue 01-Apr-14 13:06:22

Hang on, 2-3yr age gaps aren't that small. The one between your 3rd and 4th will be, but not the others confused

CarCiKoTab Tue 01-Apr-14 13:17:27

I have had all my children naturally so far the only complications I had was with my first it was a long labour and required a little extra help. But I thought 2-3 year age gaps was pretty average LOL, even with this one it will be a year more or less but, the midwife has made me think a little.

MolotovCocktail Tue 01-Apr-14 13:22:06

I don't think you are at an increased risk of placental issues from small (ish) spaced pg after a VB.

Take care of yourself. Allow yourself to rest when you can. Enjoy your new pg and congratulations! thanks

CarCiKoTab Tue 01-Apr-14 13:41:58

Thank you very much for your advice. smile

thereisnoeleventeen Tue 01-Apr-14 14:20:38

2-3 years is about right I would have thought. I have/will have age gaps that are 2 1/2 and 3 years and another gap of 18 months...and I'm 'old'.

It is hard work, but then no matter what the gaps if they are all at home then 4 always will be. Was it an off the cuff comment that your MW made? My MW has been relaxed about the whole thing, my stomach muscles separate during every pregnancy so I usually have a year of post natal physio each time (or not if I've fallen pg), I guess that will be hard on my body. Unless she is being very specific about something in particular then I wouldn't worry about what she said at all.

CarCiKoTab Tue 01-Apr-14 15:10:28

Oh dear that sounds awful! I'm a bit of a worrier if you like so it may of been more of an observation rather than anything else. I just thought there may have been a deeper reason. I have never had to go through what you have, are you expecting again?

MultipleMama Tue 01-Apr-14 16:27:02

I am not PG (TTC in Aug) however I have 2 twin pregnancies in the space of 13 months, and had dd in 2012. I was considered high risk anyway due to twins but my constultant said that I unless it was my 5th/6th PG not child then wouldn't have classed me as high risk. I've had 3 health PG & labors (last one was a list of problems due to my iron levels and SUA).

Honestly, I think difficulty and risk depends on the individual person and pregnancy, and not how many pregnancies you've had.

Congrats smile

MultipleMama Tue 01-Apr-14 16:32:46

As for complications to me. None. I had no tearing, no muscle seperation, no stretch marks and all 4 PGs were natural with no pain relief. I am however exhausted and was during but running after toddlers does that to you! smile

My age gaps are; 2.7y, 17mo, 13mo.

MultipleMama Tue 01-Apr-14 16:35:37

I meant 2 PGs in 24mo** confused blush

MultipleMama Tue 01-Apr-14 16:37:30

I had dd in 2011. FFS. Gunna just disappear and slink away now. I hear my bed calling... blush

Pregnantagain7 Tue 01-Apr-14 16:45:11

Omg are you my virtual twin! I am almost 12 weeks with my fourth and my youngest was born sep 13 too. When I saw my midwife I didn't have a negative response at all, I had a pretty rubbish pregnancy last time with really bad spd at the end but I don't think it helped that I was carrying a 10lb 8 baby and had put nearly 5 stone on! This time I am determined to look after myself more ( as well as I can with three little ones!) exercise
more and eat better. I'm sure things will be fine I would really just try and take each week as it comes and be as kind to yourself as you can smile

CarCiKoTab Wed 02-Apr-14 09:42:36

Well that's it then you have all give me a perfect excuse to milk it as much as I can when the hubby gets home LOL. I have to admit I did feel like I had been singled out from all the women who have had 16 and counting, not like I would want or need 16 children mind but surely it's taking a toll on there body even more so than mine, yet they seem to handle it all perfectly fine.

CarCiKoTab Wed 02-Apr-14 09:43:50

Where do you come from pregnantagain7?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now