Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just found out I'm pregnant

(5 Posts)
Somersetgirl1990 Tue 01-Apr-14 12:55:13

Hi smile this is my first post here! Found out today I'm pregnant after being about 4 days late, and I'm freaking out a little bit! Been with my DP 2 years, lived together for 18 months, were both 23 and are just about to finish uni. He's been completely calm about it and is really excited and I feel like my head is going to explode with all the things that could go wrong! I'm about to inherit a fair bit of money so should be ok on that side of things but I have no idea what the next step is!! Do I go to the doctors or ring the hospital/midwifery unit??
I'd be so grateful for any advice! Also, when should we tell the parents? His mums a midwife so know that her knowing would be really helpful but she's also got a lot of stress at the minute due to an illness in the family and don't want to add to that.....

Pootles2010 Tue 01-Apr-14 12:57:57

Congratulations! And slow down a bit grin

I think a couple of days to calm down and think might help. How things progress re drs/midwives depends on your local area i think, try ringing dr's and asking receiptionist?

They may either send you to dr, or straight to midwives.

It's up to you when you tell them, but I'm sure if your mil has a lot of stress/upset, some nice news would be most welcome.

kitkat321 Tue 01-Apr-14 12:58:08

Phone the doctor and ask if you can get an appt with mw - my doctor insists you see him first but some will let you get straight through to mw.

Congrats to you xx

Somersetgirl1990 Tue 01-Apr-14 13:03:40

Thankyou smile I'm also moving back to my home area in the summer, would I be able to transfer hospitals or should I just do everything down there from the beginning?

ToodlesMcToodles Tue 01-Apr-14 13:05:56

Congratulations!

You'll be able to transfer hospital when you need to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now