Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Could MNtters help me name my baby?

(14 Posts)
CountdowntoSummer Mon 31-Mar-14 18:17:47

Posting here for traffic. What do you all think of the name 'Anahitha'? Shortened to 'Ana' for a girl?

EyelinerQueen Mon 31-Mar-14 18:18:58

grin You're taking the mick now aren't you OP?

Anahitha??? Every time I heard it I would say 'Bless You'.

AnnieIncognito Mon 31-Mar-14 18:19:48

Please don't do it. It sounds like a completely made up name.

JuniperTisane Mon 31-Mar-14 18:28:25

Its not made up. Its Tamil. Don't know the meaning but it sounds alright to me.

moggle Mon 31-Mar-14 18:30:24

I know someone with this name, she has a Persian background, I think it's a beautiful name. She spells it Annahita though. She's just known as Anna, I didn't even know she had a longer real name until we were invited to her wedding!

CountdowntoSummer Mon 31-Mar-14 19:24:07

It has a Persian background. So two votes for yay and two for no? It feels like my brains turned to mush and I cannot decide on a name!

FrankUnderwood Mon 31-Mar-14 19:27:08

I really love 'Ana' - gorgeous name.

bubblegoose Mon 31-Mar-14 19:32:08

Sounds made up? How ignorant! Don't listen to people who obviously have never heard names other than 'John' or 'Sarah', OP!

It's a beautiful name, go for it.

CountdowntoSummer Mon 31-Mar-14 22:53:44

Thanks bubbler.

lyns31 Mon 31-Mar-14 23:57:21

I like Anahitha. smile Hard to know without the surname though, but that'd be losing your anonymity to disclose.

AnnieIncognito Wed 02-Apr-14 18:52:53

bubblegoose the OP asked for an opinion and I gave it. I am not ignorant in the slightest and have a "unique" name myself. That was the basis for my comment. I know what its like to go through life getting weird looks when I tell people my name. Perhaps you should think for a moment before you cast judgement on others and throw out comments like "ignorant".

Missingcaffeine Wed 02-Apr-14 23:16:22

I have an unusual name and I love that I don't know anyone else with my name.
Anahitha is a lovely name but would definitely have to be spelt out, as I'd probably spell it Annahita if I heard it.

Sweetpea86 Wed 02-Apr-14 23:27:10

Lovely name I know a lady who has that name and she is of Persian background to she gets called Ana for short too.

Lozmatoz Thu 03-Apr-14 03:57:32

The dangers of asking us randoms on here! If you like the name, go for it! You'll never get everyone to like every name. I have a name that's unusual, even people at work who I've known for years still don't get; it's hugely annoying but I like being different.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now