Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feel so crap

(10 Posts)
Fissawissa Mon 31-Mar-14 14:53:12

I'm 12 weeks today & from day 1 I have been feeling so shitty. Totally exhausted & a sick feeling tummy with constipation or the trots!
In my first pregnancy I don't remember feeling like this at all, I flew through the first trimester!
I also have been so emotional, getting really angry over silly things & crying too.
I'm hoping this week will mark the end if it.
Scan on Thursday so really looking forward to that.
This is all normal isn't it?

Bexleymum Mon 31-Mar-14 15:38:30

I hope it's normal because I feel the same. I just don't remember it being this hard last time. Not sure if it's because I am more tired because of looking after my 2yo. Hoping that things will get easier for both of us soon and we can start enjoying being pregnant.

ChicaMomma Mon 31-Mar-14 15:39:17

I'm a FTM so i dont have experience of this, BUT a lot of my friends have reported being sick and more emotional on the 2nd pregnancy for some reason- a few of them have come to the conclusion that it's because the novelty factor/excitement isnt there on the 2nd pregnancy, and also because you have a toddler to look after!

My first tri has been exactly as you described on your first pregnancy. I probably wont be as lucky next time though!

LondonJen Mon 31-Mar-14 16:37:34

Hi Fissa thanks for posting it's so nice to hear it's not just me! It's normal as far as my experience goes. This will be my first baby but I have felt just as you describe. The intensity eased off and was not as constant from about 10 weeks but over the weekend the headaches, nausea and feeling like crap have returned with a vengance. I am also SO cross this afternoon, whereas at lunch time I was crying for no real reason. Hormonetastic here! I am 12+3 today and my scan is on Wednesday. I really hope these last few days will be the final yuk before the wonderous energy and glow of the 2nd trimester I keep hearing about comes along. grin Here's hoping the same for you!

Kels13 Mon 31-Mar-14 16:38:21

Exactly how I feel and I'm a first timer. The constant nausea is really getting me down, and the sickness is still here at week 12. The exhaustion is I think actually getting worse! Argh!!!! Every week I have the optimism that 'this will be the week I start to feel better' hasn't happened yet! X

Fissawissa Mon 31-Mar-14 16:40:08

It's funny as at around week 10 I also felt better & thought yippee that was the last of the nausea, but no. It's do hard to actually describe his I'm feeling - crap tends to cover it though!

LondonJen Mon 31-Mar-14 16:47:52

God, yes, so crap! Isn't it mean how it comes back? I am tired in my very bones, the thought of just walking to the shop makes me cringe. So I just sit here hoping it will pass!

Fissawissa Mon 31-Mar-14 16:52:23

When I was expecting my DD I was the girl wearing a floaty summer dress, bare feet & a straw hat running through a barley field smile
We have just moved into a new house & there is so much to do still but I just can't get around to actually doing it!
I'm sure my DH is sick of hearing me moan & my crazy emotions shock

LondonJen Mon 31-Mar-14 16:58:46

Love that image. That's going to be me in April. I wish! I work from home and am just doing the basics to get by, my office floor is covered in rubbish and all sorts that I never have the energy to put away. It looks awful but I don't care.

I really hope I am not this grumpy for my scan and telling people. Would rather take the edge off the excitement confused

On Sunday my dp told me he was still surprised that I wasn't as glowy and full of beans as he'd thought I would be in pregnancy hmm

ithoughtofitfirst Mon 31-Mar-14 18:44:59

Some days i can't actually believe how crap i feel. And this is mild compared to my first pregnancy. Ugh. Horrendous.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now