Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

headaches and severe morning sickness

(10 Posts)
Tezxx Mon 31-Mar-14 14:01:02

Hey!

I'm currently suffering with quite severe morning sickness, which is controlled with ondansetron and metoclopromide. Whilst I am not vomiting at the moment (touch wood) I feel so sick, I have never felt anything like it in my life! Even last time when I suffered with HG I didn't feel this bad. On top of this, I'm getting bad headaches and a strange feeling at the top/ back of my nose. Its hard to describe, does anyone know what I mean?? Its making me want to gag. Also, I can't take anything for my headache as paracetamol just makes me want to be sick.

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks x

nearlyreadytopop Mon 31-Mar-14 14:49:55

hi
are you managing to keep anything down? water? if not dehydration could cause your headaches. Have you keto sticks to keep an eye on your ketone levels? When I had hg my sore head disappeared after a few bags of iv fluids.

Tezxx Mon 31-Mar-14 16:09:42

hi,

yeah managing fluids, I don't think I'm dehydrated or have any ketones at the moment. I was in hospital 6 times on a drip with my previous pregnancy and just once so far this time. The headaches feel different to when I've been hydrated x

Tezxx Mon 31-Mar-14 17:01:32

bump

Tezxx Tue 01-Apr-14 10:34:52

bump

GingerRodgers Tue 01-Apr-14 17:09:46

Could it be congestion in your nose?

letsmakeababy Tue 01-Apr-14 17:30:25

It sounds like it could be your sinuses? If they're blocked it can make your nose/cheeks/head ache, really unpleasant.

I'm 13wks pregnant and have suffered nasal congestion throughout, only realised recently that it can be caused by pregnancy.

I sympathise, it makes morning sickness even worse!

Perhaps ask your midwife for advice.

Tezxx Tue 01-Apr-14 17:55:12

thank you!

I've since read that in pregnancy, the blood vessels in your nose swell. I'm thinking it could possibly be something to do with that as well

GingerRodgers Tue 01-Apr-14 18:47:51

You get a lot of congestion which can feel like a 'lump' at the back of your nose/throat.
Sorry no solutions here, makes me sick too!

Tezxx Wed 02-Apr-14 18:17:45

just when will they find a cure for pregnancy sickness lol??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now