Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby hiccups and Brixton hicks - what was your experience?

(5 Posts)
Jolay100 Mon 31-Mar-14 12:22:57

Two, totally unrelated things neither of which I have experienced yet at 30+weeks. Just wondered if everyone gets them, and at what stage in pregnancy?

Fluffybastardcloudkittens Mon 31-Mar-14 12:28:02

nearly 39 weeks, still not totally sure that I've experienced either.
Sometimes the kicking seems to be sort of rhythmic/ regular so I wonder if she has hiccups then.
BH - sometimes my bump feels a bit tighter/harder but I can't tell if it's my uterus contracting or the baby pushing out.
Sorry that's not v helpful is it, but there you go, that's my experience blush

LastOneDancing Mon 31-Mar-14 12:30:51

I have had both.

Braxtons I get randomly - I had them from about 30 weeks, particularly in the car. I thought it was the baby rolling forward for ages, until I realised what they were.

Hiccups - EVERY night after dinner or when I get in bed smile I think they started about the same time? Maybe a bit later.

kjh5 Mon 31-Mar-14 12:55:23

I've had both since about 20 weeks. Baby hiccups a lot! 3/4 times a day (feels like tiny rhythmic kicks or punches) and BH can affect my whole bump or just the bit across my abdomen. BH have been both painless tightenings (when my bump goes 'hard' for a few seconds or minutes at a time) or like quite painful period-type pain and more like actual contractions.

However not everyone gets either of these. I have a friend who is at the exact same stage as me (37 weeks) and her bubba seems to be unaffected by hiccups, plus she hasn't had any BH yet. Another friend who has just had her baby only got BH in the last few weeks. I think you'll find these things affect people differently and at different times - or not at all!

Elastigrrrl Mon 31-Mar-14 15:14:17

kjh5 that's helpful. I had some rather painful, quick tightenings over the weekend - looked up BH online and it suggested they weren't painful so I wasn't sure what it was. But you've found they can be painful? They faded eventually over the course of 2-3 hours to nothing, and I saw my GP who wasn't worried, so I'm not either - just curious.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now