Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Elephant feet...

(3 Posts)
JustDanni Sun 30-Mar-14 22:29:31

After working 30hrs over 3 days I am in agony.
All has been well other than my Hyperemesis and cracking/popping hips. But tonight I want to cry.
My back and hips are in agony and my feet are on fire.
I have tried elevation, foot soak, cold compression and massage and nothing is easing the burning or swelling.
My hips I can cope with thanks to my trusty pregnancy pillow but this burning is becoming unbearable.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
I would like to avoid any pain relief if possible.

Boogles91 Sun 30-Mar-14 22:37:15

Not while i was pregnant, but I used to use a foot spa for the burning in my feet when i worked as i had to wear steeltoe caps for 14-16 hrs a day so they werent the most comfatable footwear and my big toes used to go numb as i never had mini breaks except my dinner wich was only half an hour. Its used to eas the pain sooo much but the next day was jst agony again :@ hope you find some comfort soon lol xx

lighteningmcmama Sun 30-Mar-14 23:29:48

I remember this from my first pregnancy. I used to cry with the pain. A few things I tried were cold foot baths, peppermint foot spray (body shop), walking, elevation even at night (feet on a pillow). But what helped the most was seeing a reflexologist, that gave me the most comfort I'd had in weeks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now