Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy pillow recommendations please!

(17 Posts)
Sparkle9 Sun 30-Mar-14 21:46:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

StepfauxWife Sun 30-Mar-14 21:50:07

I had a Dream Genii pillow which I loved. Used it in all sorts of positions and really helped me sleep on my side. I had a bad hip so also helped to take the weight off it with the long bit in between my legs.

Also helpful for bf once baby arrived.

Congratulations and good luck!

FrankelandFilly Sun 30-Mar-14 21:52:20

I had this one, it was great and gave all round support which you don't get with the smaller pillows.

ithoughtofitfirst Sun 30-Mar-14 21:59:16

I had an amazing one last time but got rid of it like a dumbass. I can't remember the name but it was on amazon and it horseshoe shaped and was almost the same length as me on either side. It was amazing but a total passion killer.

I also used a V shaped one when i slept at my mum's... the type you see old ladies using. One side between the legs and one end under bump. That was also pretty good.

Btw i really need to get one. 11 weeks and still sleeping flat on my front.

ithoughtofitfirst Sun 30-Mar-14 22:01:11

I had what frankelandfilly linked to. So comfy!

Thesebootsweremadeforwalking Sun 30-Mar-14 22:07:15

My physio recommended a basic L-shaped one from Dunelm, one bit under bump, one between knees. Was marvellous and pretty useful while breastfeeding too. Can't remember how much but seem to think around �20 with 2 covers.

whereisshe Sun 30-Mar-14 22:14:17

I used a super king bolster, it was great because I could manipulate it into different positions. Also towards the end when rolling over was such a hassle it was good to have one that wasn't quite so entangling!

Sparkle9 Mon 31-Mar-14 19:06:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CoolCat2014 Mon 31-Mar-14 19:11:37

I just bought the summer ultimate support body pillow, reduced at Argos at the moment. will be trying out for first time tonight

MissSlackPants84 Mon 31-Mar-14 20:28:48

I bought a cheap one from ikea for about £6. Does the job perfectly well

Sammi1986 Tue 01-Apr-14 00:22:27

I would say it depends on your height. I'm 6 ft so it was the theraline for me. Average height and dinky ladies get much more choice!

BlanketSky Tue 01-Apr-14 10:31:18

theraline if you want it for more than one pregnancy imo- I bought the Dream geniii last time and it is knackered, stuffing all squished and not enough support even early on. Look on Amazon, the less appealing coloured ones- mine is a horrible mustard yellow- can be had for fewer ££

Salmonspringroll Tue 01-Apr-14 10:52:38

Argos do a mum to be pillow set, £12.99. I bought yesterday and had my best nights sleep last night! It's a v shaped pillow and a wedge but for under your bump. Amazing!

nc060 Tue 01-Apr-14 11:41:29

I have an orthopaedic V Pillow from Dunelm Mill. It is AMAZING!! x

alita7 Tue 01-Apr-14 11:57:00

I also got the 2 pack from argos it will be delivered on Thursday.

Mitchell2 Tue 01-Apr-14 16:36:00

This is small but I couldnt live without it wedge pillow - for me I dont like too much around me so it supports without being too bulky.

Keden Tue 01-Apr-14 19:23:46

I use the Leacho Snoogle Total Body Pillow and think it's amazing!

www.amazon.com/Leachco-Snoogle-Total-Body-Pillow/dp/B0000635WI

My friend gave me hers last week and I realised what I'd been missing out. It's so much better than trying to use the regular pillows.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now