Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Partner massage in pregnancy

(9 Posts)
EllaBella220 Sun 30-Mar-14 20:33:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

alita7 Sun 30-Mar-14 20:38:24

Maybe try sitting up instead of lying down while he does it? I've heard massage isn't safe but I think that to do with lying on your tummy. Maybe he could look up pregnancy massage?

NewMummy123 Sun 30-Mar-14 21:00:51

My hubby has given me massages pretty much every night. Like you didn't feel comfortable from bout 16 weeks on my tummy so I lay on my side or sit up.

Every night I lay on my side and he gives me a back rub and I normally go to sleep. Win win coz once im asleep he watches catch up in peace lol

EllaBella220 Sun 30-Mar-14 21:02:17

NewMummy123 Sun 30-Mar-14 21:13:38

I'm the same laying on my belly but after about 20 weeks it felt very uncomfortable, using pillows do help a little but I have to lay on side now,

I can't wait for baby to arrive being able to sleep on belly again is going to be amazing. I've missed it so much lol

whereisshe Sun 30-Mar-14 21:16:09

My massage therapist was quite careful about where she massaged me while I was pregnant. I think there are some pressure points that can stimulate the uterus. Lying on your stomach is safe until it feels uncomfortable to do it (which is third trimester for most).

summerbaby2014 Sun 30-Mar-14 21:33:07

I think that sleeping/lying on your tummy is ok until it starts to be uncomfortable. I'm sure the discomfort was nothing to do with the massage.
It sounds like you're reaching the stage of avoiding lying on your front OP.

Massage is great, try sitting on a chair and leaning forward to rest your elbows on the table - or put a pillow on the table to rest your head on (depending how high the table is) then your partner can massage away.

summerbaby2014 Sun 30-Mar-14 21:44:14

Google some pregnancy massage utube videos.
There's another massage position for later in pregnancy where you can stand up and lean forward with your elbows on a table. This is good for when/if your hips start hurting as you get bigger

EllaBella220 Sun 30-Mar-14 22:23:21

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now