Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

37 weeks and given up

(19 Posts)
buffythebarbieslayer Sun 30-Mar-14 20:08:15

37+1 and suddenly I've run out of steam.

My diet has gone to pot again (was quite healthy in the middle). Been feeling nauseous but ravenous, so eating rubbish and lots of it!

I have two kids already and they're getting far too much screen time. My nesting has gone, I had the house spotless but now do the bare minimum housework.

Roll on birth and not being pregnant anymore.

weebigmamma Sun 30-Mar-14 20:10:36

Feeling your pain here at 37+4!! I'm exactly same. No more nesting lol- house is a tip and I haven't even done school uniforms for tomorrow! Eating pasta and cheese for tea and child has been doing Minecraft for hours now. We Will Survive This!! xxxx

buffythebarbieslayer Sun 30-Mar-14 20:33:52

I got up this morning and made croissant/pan au chocolat for Mother's Day. Kids not keen so I ate 3 croissant and a Pan au chocolat shock

Then proceeded to go back to bed while kids went on computer.

weebigmamma Sun 30-Mar-14 20:57:52

lol! It's mothers day- totally allowed!

NewMummy123 Sun 30-Mar-14 20:58:10

I bought my mum a lovely cake for mothers days out of marks and Spencer's. Well I've helped her eat lots off it plus other crap. I'm teird all the time and just want comfort food

buffythebarbieslayer Sun 30-Mar-14 21:14:56

Im hoping I get another last minute burst of energy!

Right now I could happily stay in bed until birth. I can't even concentrate on films/books which I normally love and just mumsnet and browse online.

Think we should go back to the olden days when women had confinement and spent the last bit in a darkened room!

weebigmamma Mon 31-Mar-14 04:15:04

Know what you mean. I am up half the night with restless legs and sleep part of the day as a result. Trying not to junk-eat as am watching my blood sugar levels but it's hard. Friend wants to meet me tomorrow morning for coffee but I can tell now it's not going to happen. It's 4.14am and my legs are driving me feckin insane. I'll do the school run and come home and go back to bed!

AngryBeaver Mon 31-Mar-14 04:21:57

Same here.
Totally over it.
To make matters worse, where I live it's 25 deg every frigging day.
I'm lying on the bed having chest pains...which I THINK is incredibly bad acid reflux.
I told my other children that mummy needed a lie down and some quiet. And not to bother me unless they REEEALLY needed to.
(Was actually a bit worried!)
And my eldest comes to me and says "I need my apple cutting up mummy" confused

weebigmamma Mon 31-Mar-14 04:39:54

Argh! I had those pains too. Did think I was having a heart attack at one point. But the pain went away. I think it was just a mixture of baby lying in an awkward way and the wretched heartburn.

AngryBeaver Mon 31-Mar-14 04:42:16

Pregnancy is a wonderful time, isn't it? wink
I think you're right, only baby has been quiet today and this has been a high risk pregnancy anyway, so I get anxious.

Restless legs at 4.15 sounds a laugh, too! Hope you manage a long sleep after the school run smile

weebigmamma Mon 31-Mar-14 04:50:54

Thanks! I hate it when baby goes all quiet! Earlier today I had a panic and drank some cold coke, lay down and gave him a poke until he moved. He got his own back later.... Hope you can relax at some point too.

AngryBeaver Mon 31-Mar-14 08:05:20

Me too, a big drink of cold orange and a prodding session!
I can't wait til. This pregnancy is over and I never have to do it again!! Such a bloody worry they are!!

OrangeMochaFrappucino Mon 31-Mar-14 08:09:57

Exactly the same! The tiredness, the hunger and eating rubbish followed by the remorse of heartburn and pain because there is NO ROOM, the torment of restless legs, the endless screen time for toddler, plus the return of morning sickness. I'm 36+5 and so, so ready for the end of pregnancy (but also so unprepared for the baby's arrival!).

buffythebarbieslayer Mon 31-Mar-14 11:54:25

It has been such a busy pregnancy, I'm not sure that I'm
mentally prepared for birth and newborn!

AngryBeaver Mon 31-Mar-14 19:23:00

I'm definitely not prepared for labour or arrival of baby. In total denial!

buffythebarbieslayer Mon 31-Mar-14 19:40:55

Glad it's not just me!

HoneyBadgerPersonified Mon 31-Mar-14 22:09:04

Completely agree! But am only 36 weeks today so have run out of puff very early! Have no idea how I'm going to wean myself off my cake/ biscuit/ chocolate addiction once the baby's born and I no longer have any excuse. It gets to about 5pm each evening and I realise I have taken nothing out for dinner. Toddler has honed in on my weakest time of the day and asks ever so sweetly to "watch peppa pig while mummy makes dinner" - knowing full well he'll get an hour in front of the tv before I've gotten my act together. More like while mummy has yet another cup of tea, another biscuit and peruses the take-away menu! Such a bad wife sad
And don't even mention the state of the house. A combination of sensory-deprivation tiredness and genuine lack of enthusiasm has removed all nesting instincts.
Except just remembered I have the health visitor coming tomorrow morning... Oh crap!

weebigmamma Tue 01-Apr-14 03:58:42

It's all very stressful, especially if you have a wee one to look after already. I'm sure the health visitor will totally understand. Don't be feeling guilty about the telly- they will totally survive and when you eventually feel better you can reinstate telly time rules.

Last night I thought I'd be clever and do some washing while I was up pacing around with restless legs. Managed to set burglar alarm off twice. Durrrr!! Even when I try to do 'nesting' the tiredness gets the better of me!

AngryBeaver Wed 02-Apr-14 03:21:01

Yep, needs must!
Everyone understands smile

confused To the setting the alarm off.

I had my "birth plan" meeting with the midwives today.
I don't know if I mentioned, but I live on an island. So the possibility of me being choppered off, is pretty high!
Just another thing to stress about! hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now