Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

So painful I can't cross my legs!

(5 Posts)
misspope24 Sun 30-Mar-14 18:48:24

Hi all, I'm 36 weeks pregnant and am experiencing and achy/bruised feeling from what feels like in my lady parts!! It may well be my pubic bone, but it aches do much after sitting too long, just now getting up the stairs was difficult as was laying down in bed with knees touching.

Has anyone experienced this before? Any ideas what it is?

Thanks

dats Sun 30-Mar-14 18:54:42

SPD by the sounds of it. I'm 36+5 and I've had the bruised groin feeling since about 25 weeks, wearing a belt helps. And also everything feels swollen and like my insides are trying to get out, but not vulval varicose veins as such.

I sympathise, it's a bit grim! Sleeping with a pillow between your knees, keeping them together when you get out of bed, the car etc. Don't stand on one leg (get dressed sitting down). Your midwife might refer you to a physio but depends how quickly that could happen. My belt was £20 from JoJoMamanBebe and it's been worth every penny.

Try and keep a balance between sitting and keeping mobile. Too much of either will aggravate it.

It usually disappears immediately after delivery. Race ya wink
dats

IHaveSeenMyHat Sun 30-Mar-14 18:57:22

SPD. You're lucky it's taken so long to surface. I was crippled quite early in my pregnancy.

dats has some very good advice.

Boogles91 Sun 30-Mar-14 23:34:37

Im only 24wks6days and have this constantly sad told the mw and she ses its normal, some days i walk like a stiff cus its so painful. I knkw its that spd shtuff but am not lettin it beat me. Alot of time it feels as if im gonna split in two! Xx

kotinka Sun 30-Mar-14 23:49:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now