Talk

Advanced search

Paranoid for nothing???

(20 Posts)
Emzzy26x Sun 30-Mar-14 17:50:40

Hi all...

Im 22... And ive taken 4 pregnancy test all came back positive. I went to the GP as soon as I found out but they never confirmed it... He just congratulated me and handed me a load of books... Ive got my first midwife appt Wednesday as by then ill be 8 weeks! Im just worrying myself that im gonna be told im not even pregnant and im so hoping that doesnt happen! Im so looking forward to this

Am I being silly?

X

lyns31 Sun 30-Mar-14 18:00:10

No, I was the same, but apparently the tests don't really do false positives, so congratulations!

I didn't believe I was pregnant till I saw her on the screen smile

PotteringAlong Sun 30-Mar-14 18:00:29

Yes.

They don't confirm pregnancies because hpt are so accurate. They will jus take your word for it.

You won't get any extra confirmation until your 12 week scan.

If 4 tests have said you're pregnant you definitely are!

Fairypants Sun 30-Mar-14 18:10:09

I've never had a pregnancy confirmed- they just took my word for it.
It felt a lot more real to me after the midwife appointment and ever more after the scan. I'll be 16 weeks tomorrow and still worry every now and then that I've made it all up and someone will find out soon (despite 3 scans so far!). I guess we all get a bit paranoid in pregnancy but 4 positive tests is pretty conclusive.
Congratulationsthanks

alita7 Sun 30-Mar-14 18:18:47

You're pregnant smile don't worry but It's a natural fear we all experience! You only get a positive if you've got hcg in your wee and the only way it gets there is pregnancy or if you take certain fertility drugs.

squizita Sun 30-Mar-14 18:34:30

Yeah 4 tests = pregnant.

You can pay for a private scan if you want - but they don't show anything until 7 weeks anyway! But the reason they don't need you to do anything till 8 weeks is at this point everything's just getting settled in, usually it goes just fine! smile

NewMummy123 Sun 30-Mar-14 18:38:08

Congratulations firstly.

Don't worry I was the same. I expected them to take my blood or urine sample. And she just said congratulations and to take folic acid and told me to make my booking appt with midwife.

So spent the whole wait worrying I wouldn't be pregnant lol all was good tho.

4 tests your defo pregnant so try not to worry

theborrower Sun 30-Mar-14 18:39:31

Congratulations! 4 positive tests sounds like you're pregnant to me. As everyone else said, HPTs are so accurate nowadays they don't need to do another.

lyns31 Sun 30-Mar-14 18:43:16

Oh yeah, start taking folic acid and vitamin D

NHS vitamin advice

Emzzy26x Sun 30-Mar-14 18:56:43

Awww thanks to you all smile Congratulations to all you new mummys to be smile

I guess it will all sink in soon enough ;)

RebeccaCloud9 Sun 30-Mar-14 19:37:41

Yeah I was exactly the same and paid for an 8 week scan because it was driving me mad! Obviously there isn't much else they can do anyway at the early stages but when you're the one who is pg, it's the most important thing and so frustrating that you just have to wait! I spent the first couple of weeks frantically googling and reading but I have calmed down now smile

TheHouseofMirth Sun 30-Mar-14 19:45:05

Congratulations! it's rubbish, isn't it? I think they should give you a certificate when you go to the doctors.Still, not long until your first scan and then you'll be able to see with your own eyes!

Imagine what it was like a hundred years ago when your missing periods were the only confirmation you got that you were pregnant!

Emzzy26x Sun 30-Mar-14 20:05:01

Aww I know.. RebeccaCloud9 im exactly the im googling everything haha! Its becoming a bit of an obsession :D

squizita Sun 30-Mar-14 20:06:33

What practical good would a certificate do (except get control freaks riled up about what women 'can' do with their bodies and make a woman who got her certificate at 6 weeks then bled swifter treatment than another woman whose GP was slower off the mark).
I prefer it that our GPs actually trust us women to be able to put some urine on a stick! grin

In the old days, early pregnancy was full of fear and not much sympathy - partly because they didn't know!

TheHouseofMirth Sun 30-Mar-14 20:09:58

Squizita there is no practical use - it was a tongue in cheek comment.

squizita Sun 30-Mar-14 20:16:32

Ah! grin Sorry thought it was a serious request!

summerdreams Sun 30-Mar-14 20:53:14

congratulations. i took one clear blue digital and even asked the doctor to do a test he wouldn't had an early scan due to cramps and there was the baby still in shock really smile but im sure at the midwife appointment they did a lot of blood test a week or so later got the blood results through the post and im sure they'd tested my hormone levels which where high so that should make you feel better if your midwife apps early like 8 or 9 weeks like mine rather then waiting google all the diffrent blood results i did blush
the early stages go slow but then they fly by haha

katies76 Sun 30-Mar-14 22:06:13

hiya congratulations! im also 8 weeks and seeing midwife wednesday. Like you i thought doctor would confirm buy no so lookingforward to seeimg what midwife sayssmile smile

Boogles91 Sun 30-Mar-14 22:56:15

Congrats, im now 24wks6days smile i did a test before i seen my doc(had an appmnt that morning) and just wipped it out my bag and shown her lol tbh ive only ever done one as i just "knew" never bothered with any others to confirm lol she booked me in for my 8wk scan there n then as i have history of mc. If 4 have said u are then dont worry u are lol x

Doodles197 Mon 31-Mar-14 00:37:24

Aww congrats. I've done 4 tests too as I can't seem to believe it. 2 on Friday morning, one Friday night, and the other Saturday morning! So no, you're not being paranoid! Good luck with everything

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now