Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Things are happening but I know I'm not in labour. :(

(21 Posts)
NewMummy123 Sun 30-Mar-14 13:47:08

I'm nearly 38 weeks. Last week I've been getting Braxton hicks contractions only subtle tightens on my lower tummy and top of tummy.

I've also had period pains on and off all week. Baby has defo moved down as it feels like I have a bowling ball between my legs lol.

Tmi but had at least one bowel movement every day which isn't normal for me even when I'm not preg.

Had quite a lose bowel movement this morning and tummy is tighten on and off. I've had really bad period cramps all day around my lower back and my lower hips have been cramping like hell.

Is this just my body pre paring or is it all in my head.

I've had no show or waters so I feel like I'm just making a big deal out of every little twinge.

moregranny Sun 30-Mar-14 15:05:06

Sounds like labour to me :-)

NewMummy123 Sun 30-Mar-14 15:14:29

Oh my hopes are totally raised now you've said that.

Just had an hour long bath normally period cramps were off but they haven't guna try and have a nap.

Cramps are all my lower back, hips and tops of my legs.

Trinpy Sun 30-Mar-14 18:51:02

I have the same thing. Period like cramps on and off for the past 3 days, getting stronger every day. Lower back ache and aching hips. Lots of Braxton hicks. I don't think it's the beginning of labour for me but I really hope it is for you.

TheOnlySeven Sun 30-Mar-14 19:21:48

I'd expect to go into labour within the next few days smile

nolongerbumpieorlumpie Sun 30-Mar-14 19:24:30

I think you both will become mummies soon!!

Good luck xx

Trinpy Sun 30-Mar-14 20:22:59

ooh I really hope so! Don't want to get my hopes up too much...

nolongerbumpieorlumpie Sun 30-Mar-14 20:49:49

my early labour was like I was about to get my period. then I got back ache(back to back baby)never had a show and waters went when strong contractions started!

PacificDogwood Sun 30-Mar-14 20:52:04

I agree, something's happening - could be hours or days thought before a baby appears.

Good luck! smile

Warm bath and a couple of Paracetamol if you are sore, then bed, sounds like a good idea.

NewMummy123 Sun 30-Mar-14 20:55:42

I had a nap earlier and wore off, but lower back and tops of legs are period cramps again, also had another poop,lol sorry tmi.

My tummy is tight on and off again. The aches are bearable tho nothing major.

I don't want to get my hopes up either. Hours or days is exciting better than weeks. Trinpy hopefully soon for u too x

mlbear Sun 30-Mar-14 22:55:29

Ow I do hope it's something for you smile
I have been getting these pains now for approx 2 weeks, some times pretty bad which wake me. As soon as we time they stop!
I had a show 2 week ago, more blood stained discharge lost this week.
Super Fed up now, really want my baby (38.3 week)
Told MW she said I'm definatley in slow, early stages, she recommended I do the following:
Sex (check) long walks (check) curry (check) nipple tweaking (check)...
She agreed to book me in for a sweep on my due date if still not here, I don't think I can cope to 10/4 ( or 2 weeks longer!) not when I know something is happening.
I read about castor oil, discussed with MW, she is it is SUPER effective, but not something they recommend..
I'll try be a bit more patient!

LegoCaltrops Sun 30-Mar-14 23:07:47

I really hope it does turn into labour soon for you. However, it didn't for me. I had BH every 90 minutes almost non stop for the last 3 weeks of my pg, finally went into labour (naturally) at 40+2. I was actually glad when it started! Sorry but get some books in or dvds, just in case!

If you've got an exercise ball for the labour, maybe get it out & rock back & forth while watching tv, apparently it encourages the baby to get into the correct position so may help speed labour along as it puts pressure on the cervix.

Longdistance Sun 30-Mar-14 23:11:42

I had really bad squits a few days before dd2 decided she wanted to exit. Didn't have it with dd1 as was constipated real bad.

Good luck, and update us when you have your snuggly newborn smile

xxaussiebabyxx Mon 31-Mar-14 08:42:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

xxaussiebabyxx Mon 31-Mar-14 08:47:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

unlucky83 Mon 31-Mar-14 08:53:01

For my DD2 my waters didn't break until about 30mins before she appeared...and I had had regular real contractions (every 7 mins) for 20hrs hours before that, only started getting closer together 2 hrs before she was born...

NewMummy123 Mon 31-Mar-14 09:19:05

So frustrating isn't it, just bloody waiting game. I don't think I'm any were near labour yet. I think it's just wishful thinking. Pains wore off last night, and when I woke up this morning cramping again but gone now arghhhhhhhhhhhh lol

Bb14 Mon 31-Mar-14 20:08:13

Have you been checked for a UTI. Last week I had back cramp, contractions (mild) every 6 mins and an upset tummy. I had a kidney infection and was quite ill with it. It can cause uterine irratibility.i had antibiotics and fluids and the contractions settled over a few days. Best get checked just in case x

Trinpy Mon 31-Mar-14 22:35:53

You've got me worried now bb. Cramps and lower backache are still there but no signs of baby coming. About 15 mins ago it crossed over from very uncomfortable to quite painful, but I'm feeling ok again now. Really hope it's not a kidney infection sad . Will give my mw a ring tomorrow if it's still a problem.

LegoCaltrops Tue 01-Apr-14 09:10:56

If it's uncomfortable in between the BH, definitely ring the MW or maternity unit. I should have done this sooner, they gave me ABs as I had bladder problem, but I went into labour hours later so they hadn't had chance to work. It definitely made my labour harder to manage as I was still in pain between each contraction.

nolongerbumpieorlumpie Thu 03-Apr-14 07:42:09

how are you op?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now