Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else pregnant again after termination for trisomy?

(11 Posts)
DrSpengler Sun 30-Mar-14 11:44:46

Hi, I am newly pregnant (5 + 3), have a 2.5 year old DD and had a termination for down syndrome late last year. Just wondering if anyone else is in a similar boat and wants to talk about it. I felt very optimistic when I first got my BFP about a week ago, but am now a bit worried that I don't feel pregnant at all, no morning sickness yet. With my last pregnancy I had hardly any nausea, but with my DD was very sick, so really hoping to get sick soon! I've already seen my midwife and she's arranged a scan in a couple of weeks time to check dates and see if everything's ok, so not much to do til then but wait and worry...

FoodieMum3 Sun 30-Mar-14 12:15:54

I haven't been in your situation DrSplenger but just wanted to wish you well with the pregnancy.

I wouldn't worry re lack of symptoms, mine didn't kick in until 7 weeks or so.

DrSpengler Sun 30-Mar-14 12:23:40

Thanks FoodieMum smile

lyns31 Sun 30-Mar-14 14:04:34

I haven't been sick at all (am 21+4 weeks). Had the quads test come back 1:50000 chance of Down's. So don't worry about lack of symptoms.

AuditAngel Sun 30-Mar-14 20:26:55

I didn't terminate for trisomy, but had a MMC, the products were tested (private ERPC) and the baby had trisomy.

I already had a son at that stage and the gap would have been 2 years.

I went on to have 2 little daughters.

summerdreams Sun 30-Mar-14 20:43:32

im so sorry for what you've been through. I didn't even know i was pregnant at your stage and didn't get symptoms till at least week 8 and the only symptom i've had was morning sickness, it turns out i've got a medical condition nothing to do with pregnancy so really no ms i've had no symptoms and im 15 weeks and except for a couple of days of swollen breasts much later on at around 10 weeks ive had nothing so id try not to worry.congratulations and good luck

DrSpengler Sun 30-Mar-14 21:10:21

Thanks lyns31 for the reassurance, all the best for the rest of your pregnancy

DrSpengler Mon 31-Mar-14 09:54:27

Thanks very much for the messages, feeling a lot more optimistic today.

AliBingo Mon 31-Mar-14 11:45:00

Hiya, I had TFMR for T21 last March and got pregnant again in July, I have spent the whole pregnancy stressing and worrying about everything despite a clear trisomy test, but all has been well and I am due in less than a month.

I found I didn't feel sick until around the 8-10 week mark with any of my pregnancies, but they can all differ too. With my DD I had awful acid indigestion throughout the third trimester no matter what I ate, yet this time I had it a bit and stocked up on gallons of gaviscon but only had it a couple of times. So every pregnancy is different I think.

There is a good thread about TTC and pregnancy after a TFMR on the antenatal tests and choices board here.

Congratulations, and hope you have a great pregnancy!

DrSpengler Mon 31-Mar-14 11:53:18

Thanks AliBingo! Great to hear your story, and thanks for letting me know about the other thread. Hope all goes well next month x

LondonJen Mon 31-Mar-14 12:15:49

Congratulations Dr! I just wanted to invite you over to the thread 'pregnant after miscarriage' which you can find on this board. You seem to be looking for a support group you can chat with and if you can't find other people in your exact boat then I would like to offer our group up as a place to chat. We're in the same position in the sense of spending those first 12 weeks (and probably the next 28!) fretting and anxious about the outcome of a new pg being the same as a previous one that hasn't worked out. So I think you will find a lot of the similar emotions and worries being talked about there. We try to focus on positivity as much as possible but can be there when you need a hand hold. Do have a read and say hello if you want to. We have defintaley had some ladies on there with few symptoms which has caused worry but all been fine in the end.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now