Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just found out I'm pregnant but af type cramps, should I be worried?

(10 Posts)
PirateJelly Sun 30-Mar-14 10:43:03

Got a pregnant 1-2 on a clearblue this morning after a few days of very faint lines. I think I am 12 or 13dpo (normal luteal phase 15 days) so I know it's very early and I've not even missed a period yet.

I have absolutely no symptoms, my boobs aren't swollen or painful and nothing else really to speak of. The only thing I've had for the last few days are mild af type cramps and today my left thigh feels achey hmm like it does before af sometimes.

This is my 2nd pregnancy and tbh I don't think I got many symptoms with Ds either although I'm sure I had swollen,sore boobs early on.

So just after others experiences really? Should I be concerned about my tummy ache and the lack of other symptoms? This is a much wanted pregnancy after 3 years of infertility so I maybe am quite paranoid.

Thanks

ImBrian Sun 30-Mar-14 10:57:04

Af type cramps are pretty common I think. I've had them every time. I'm 5 weeks ish and I'm still crampy at times.

qazxc Sun 30-Mar-14 16:12:04

Unless pain is v bad or there is bleeding, i don't think you should worry. I had quite a lot of crampy pain in the beginning, it was probably just the burrowing/implantation pain.

NewMummy123 Sun 30-Mar-14 18:40:26

Pretty normal when I was trying for a baby I assumed it hadn't happened that month because I had really bad AF pains couple of days still hadn't come on so took a test and was positive. Try not to worry if your still concerned contacts GP or midwife smile

MrsMonkeyBear Sun 30-Mar-14 19:11:10

I was the same. Had what I thought was period cramps a couple of days before AF was due. Also thought I just had severe PMT, as I had no other symptoms. Now 11+3 and I still get cramp like pains but that's just mini mallow growing.

confuddledDOTcom Sun 30-Mar-14 19:24:31

I got to 10 weeks last time saying "I'm not pregnant, I can feel I'm due on"

RebeccaCloud9 Sun 30-Mar-14 19:31:40

I was the same - mild cramps, never got as bad as the worst AF cramps but felt exactly the same. Other symptoms started to take over weeks 5 and 6.

flippyflapper Sun 30-Mar-14 19:33:49

I had the same in all my pregnancy. actually saw it as a good sign smile

JustDanni Sun 30-Mar-14 22:32:34

Totally normal.
I still cramp at 20 weeks.
Your body is gonna be making a lot of changes.
The pain shouldn't be unbearable and there shouldn't be bleeding or unusual discharge.
Mild cramps are common throughout pregnancy.

frankiebuns Wed 02-Apr-14 13:24:58

With my ds I knew early but I had af cramps the whole week I was due on! Which was scary! This time I'm 19 weeks and cramping off n on but midwife assured me ok!
Aslong as no blood then ok I had bad cramping at 6 weeks and I was refered to epac ( early pregnancy assesment center) at hospital I had a scan and was fine!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now