Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Crap husband

(7 Posts)
Funkybunnie36 Sat 29-Mar-14 18:02:23

I'm new on here but I am 15 weeks today. I have been suffering quite bad with depression as was on meds previous to pregnancy. We'll recently my husband has been spending more and more time out of the house and away from me!!!
He was excited about the baby as we was trying 3 1/2 years ago and gave up after 2 years and then wham - here I am found out when 7 weeks.
He moved out Sunday last week as says all I do is moan and he can't get anything right! We'll the main arguments we're coz he is never here leaves early for work and then doesn't get in until late 6pm maybe - if going to gym later. Then it started getting later until 7 and 8 pm! Weekends he works every other Saturday morning but the does other things until the evening and then the weekend he doesn't work he still goes out until sat evening!
He swears he is not having an affair and sick of me saying this - since pregnant no emotion or affection - no sex I said no until after 12 weeks bleeding etc.

It all got to a head this week with him moving out and now he stays at his mums and does what he wants - I have flipped major screaming and shouting being nasty and just loosing the plot - I needed to get back on meds so referred myself back to mental health (which I. Didn't want to do) but I have done this and got safe anti depressants. I have been told by husband well done u have made the first step! He ignored my calls for 2 days also - he is not helping me and trying to comfort me in anyway wht so ever. When I asked to see him today he said he probably wouldn't be able to! WTF!!!!!!!!!!

I have felt every emotion this week and am physically worn out! He hasn't spoke about coming back and just says yer when us better!

Am I the only one that thinks I'm a mug?

bluehearted Sat 29-Mar-14 18:06:26

So sorry you're going through this. Now is the time you need him the most and he is letting you down. I don't know what to suggest because you haven't really don't anything wrong, when you're pregnant your hormones are all over the place and it can make you change.

Perhaps give yourself some time to think, don't contact him, work out what you want! Sorry I cant be more help but didn't want to read and run thanks

bluehearted Sat 29-Mar-14 18:06:59

Ps congratulations on your pregnancy

alita7 Sat 29-Mar-14 18:17:57

Firstly congratulations secondly what an arse. I can understand his feelings but not his actions. Understandably the sudden occurrence of something he had accepted might never happen has probably confused him. You are probably also very emotionally all over the place and difficult to live with since pregnancy (I know I am). But he should be understanding your personality change as it is temporary and due to hormones.
Ignore him as that's what he deserves. I wouldn't talk to him until he talked to me, and next time tell him exactly how you feel (abandoned when you need his support the most? Out of control emotionally?) And that you need him to massively make it up to you. You also need to ask him what's going on for him, openly and non judgementally ask why he's being like this and what he's feeling. I'm sure in a few weeks he'll come crawling back.

Funkybunnie36 Sat 29-Mar-14 18:18:33

Thank you bluehearted - he spoke to my parents the other day as I called his mum but was extremely angry in myself - not towards her. He has said that he treads on eggshells and nothing he does is right!

Really we'll what about going out 2 hrs in morning to gym and then 5 hrs on motorbike that afternoon as I wasn't well - yes he made me something to eat as I was really poorly with a bad cold but when he came in and I said about how long he had been I got - so coz ur ill I have to stay in! That broke the camels back!

Funkybunnie36 Sat 29-Mar-14 18:37:30

I've got the feeling that he has gone for good - he has taken all this clothes and paperwork! He said this is coz I threatened to cut his clothes up - I've said this before and not done it!
He said to me today that he couldn't see me coz he would be week and come back today! I also drove round to his mothers and left my car there he brought me - needed taxing Monday but as they were taxing it (him & mum) they scorned it so took it off the road! Accidentally obviously

Does he take me for a complete dick! Or is it me?

TestingTestingWonTooFree Sun 30-Mar-14 09:55:34

I wonder whether it would be sensible for you to cool things with your husband for a bit and to focus on more reliable sources of support. The feeling I get from your posts is that you are both being unreasonable. It sounds really unpleasant and can't be good for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now