Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Negative test - am I going crazy?

(9 Posts)
PsychicPaper Sat 29-Mar-14 17:03:26

Am on cerazette and not TTC, but havent been taking pills as I should.

For a few weeks I have felt a bit weird, tired, dry hair and skin, metallic taste in mouth.

I dont get AF on cerazette, so no idea about cycle lengths etc.

So I POAS this morning, and it came back negative, but now I'm not sure if its right, or if i did it right.

Is this all just wishful thinking?

PotteringAlong Sat 29-Mar-14 17:07:24

If you're not ttc you need to start taking the pills properly.

Surely if you're not ttc and on the pill a negative test is what you're aiming for, not wishful thinking?!

PsychicPaper Sat 29-Mar-14 17:36:26

Hi Potter,

i know i should take them properly, but few business trips and I forgot to take them to one

We are planning on starting TTC next month so while timing wouldnt be ideal, actually we would have been quite happy

PsychicPaper Sat 29-Mar-14 20:17:41

Should I test again, or just accept the negative.

I mean are false negatives possible?

GoooRooo Sat 29-Mar-14 20:53:43

It all depends on your cycle.

I took a PG test four days after my period was late and it was negative. Took another three days later as I still didn't feel right and it was positive. Now 6 weeks pregnant.

LifeHuh Sat 29-Mar-14 21:37:37

Test again. When I was pregnant for the first time I had 2 or 3 negative tests and a very strange " period" before testing positive. So false negatives do happen.

GingerRodgers Sun 30-Mar-14 08:28:50

Cerazette can give you false symptoms but I'd wait a week and test again just to be sure

jaykay34 Sun 30-Mar-14 11:22:38

I got pregnant on cerazette...but if its any consolation...I had no symptoms of pregnancy and found out quite late into my pregnancy !! So I wouldn't worry too much about the symptoms.
One thing to be mindful of...is that I was quite careless with it and would forget to take them on time..sometimes miss an odd day..thinking I would be ok - but my midwife told me you just can't do that with Cerazette - its the most common pill to get pregnant on !!
Can you not switch to Microgynon or something in future ?

PsychicPaper Sun 30-Mar-14 13:52:47

Took another today, and neg too, so will assume that is that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now