Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

advice for counting kicks with anterior placenta

(4 Posts)
qazxc Sat 29-Mar-14 13:46:19

I'm 28 weeks tomorrow so should start counting kicks/monitering movements but wonder how it works with an anterior placenta.
Some days LO is very active but others i barely feel her. I definately very rarely get 10 movements in an hour (only when she is doing a full acrobatic routine in there).

mrsbug Sat 29-Mar-14 13:50:06

I started counting in the morning and usually had ten by lunchtime. One day I didn't feel any all morning then called the midwife who advised drinking a glass of juice and lying down, which worked and dd started kicking.

I hated having an anterior placenta as I was always panicking that dd wasn't kicking enough, the count the kicks website made me panic by saying I should be feeling ten an hour - I never felt anything like that many.

GwenStacy Sat 29-Mar-14 14:19:50

I had an anterior placenta and my midwife advised me to monitor the pattern of the movements rather than counting kicks - ie, I knew she tended to be quieter in the mornings, the have a wriggle around mid afternoon, then quieter down until early evening when she'd wriggle like a mad thing until I went to bed. If she was quiet after lunch for example, I'd have a cold drink and that normally got her going smile

qazxc Sat 29-Mar-14 14:49:05

I'm a bit of a worrier as I've had 3 miscarriages and my sister has had 2 stillbirths.
I feel ok on the days she is quite active/when i get a couple of strong kicks, get a bit panicky on the quieter days.
As long as i can get her moving by a cold drink and bump jiggle, I reckon it's ok? or should it be more of a pattern to movement, or a certain number of movements in a certain timeframe?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now