Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Can't sleep on side, will fancy pillow help?

(10 Posts)
CoolCat2014 Sat 29-Mar-14 08:04:18

I'm 17 weeks pregnant, and a but of a wriggly sleeper. I know I'm meant to sleep on my side, and have been told by consultant now to do so as my blood pressure keeps dropping, but every night I roll back onto my back, meaning I'm waking up 20ish times a night and feeling a bit exhausted by morning.

Would one of those giant U shaped pillows help? Does anyone have any recommendations as to which one might be good? I've tried normal pillows, but they end up on the floor!

kd73 Sat 29-Mar-14 08:08:38

I used a v shaped pillow to lie on my side and support the bump, it was a fab purchase and helped make me comfortable. It would be on my list of essential things to buy. I bought a mothercare one but it quickly went flat, so probably wouldn't recommend theirs!

CoilRegret Sat 29-Mar-14 08:10:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JollyMarie79 Sat 29-Mar-14 08:13:54

It's been my lifesaver this pregnancy! I got one for £10 from dunelm mill.

peeapod Sat 29-Mar-14 08:22:20

yes ditto, shame cos they were in aldi the other week cheap.. i love mine as im a wrigger and i dont have to reposition for each side..

JustAboutAdeqeuate Sat 29-Mar-14 08:34:08

I had the same problem, I shelled out for a dream genii pillow and its helped massively.

mssleepyhead Sat 29-Mar-14 11:28:58

i got this one on a whim at 14 weeks and now i'm 19 weeks i'm really glad i did!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Summer-Infant-Ultimate-Body-Pillow/dp/B0035ER15K

it sits very snuggly against my lower bag and stops me from rolling over. when i do roll over, it tilts me so i', never flat on my back any more.

going away for a long weekend in paris shortly and trying to work out how to take it with me!

PenguinsEatSpinach Sat 29-Mar-14 12:09:01

Be careful of a dream genii if you are tall or short. Because it has a fixed curve, it's only really good for those of average height- otherwise you end up cut in half or swamped!

PretzelPrincess Sat 29-Mar-14 13:20:13

I bought the dream genie but thought it was rubbish! Preferred my own arrangement of pillows

CoolCat2014 Sat 29-Mar-14 13:40:14

Thanks penguins - I'm very tall so that would be an issue. Been looking at the Summer Infant one as Argos have it discounted ATM to £29.99 smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: