Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can't sleep on side, will fancy pillow help?

(10 Posts)
CoolCat2014 Sat 29-Mar-14 08:04:18

I'm 17 weeks pregnant, and a but of a wriggly sleeper. I know I'm meant to sleep on my side, and have been told by consultant now to do so as my blood pressure keeps dropping, but every night I roll back onto my back, meaning I'm waking up 20ish times a night and feeling a bit exhausted by morning.

Would one of those giant U shaped pillows help? Does anyone have any recommendations as to which one might be good? I've tried normal pillows, but they end up on the floor!

kd73 Sat 29-Mar-14 08:08:38

I used a v shaped pillow to lie on my side and support the bump, it was a fab purchase and helped make me comfortable. It would be on my list of essential things to buy. I bought a mothercare one but it quickly went flat, so probably wouldn't recommend theirs!

CoilRegret Sat 29-Mar-14 08:10:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JollyMarie79 Sat 29-Mar-14 08:13:54

It's been my lifesaver this pregnancy! I got one for £10 from dunelm mill.

peeapod Sat 29-Mar-14 08:22:20

yes ditto, shame cos they were in aldi the other week cheap.. i love mine as im a wrigger and i dont have to reposition for each side..

JustAboutAdeqeuate Sat 29-Mar-14 08:34:08

I had the same problem, I shelled out for a dream genii pillow and its helped massively.

mssleepyhead Sat 29-Mar-14 11:28:58

i got this one on a whim at 14 weeks and now i'm 19 weeks i'm really glad i did!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Summer-Infant-Ultimate-Body-Pillow/dp/B0035ER15K

it sits very snuggly against my lower bag and stops me from rolling over. when i do roll over, it tilts me so i', never flat on my back any more.

going away for a long weekend in paris shortly and trying to work out how to take it with me!

PenguinsEatSpinach Sat 29-Mar-14 12:09:01

Be careful of a dream genii if you are tall or short. Because it has a fixed curve, it's only really good for those of average height- otherwise you end up cut in half or swamped!

PretzelPrincess Sat 29-Mar-14 13:20:13

I bought the dream genie but thought it was rubbish! Preferred my own arrangement of pillows

CoolCat2014 Sat 29-Mar-14 13:40:14

Thanks penguins - I'm very tall so that would be an issue. Been looking at the Summer Infant one as Argos have it discounted ATM to £29.99 smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now