Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

16 weeks stomach pain in the night

(3 Posts)
KatharineClover Sat 29-Mar-14 07:50:33

Hi everyone,
I'm 16 weeks with DC2 and now being woken at night with low stomach pain. I had this in my previous pregnancy too. It usually eases quickly when I get up in the morning, but it is painful enough to wake me and keep me awake. Is this my ligaments etc stretching? (I have SPD and this pain is separate). I've tried sleeping on my side with a pillow, but it doesn't seem to help. Yesterday evening I put my bump band over my over-the-bump jeans to give me more support and ease the aches I had, but they feel worse at night. Any other ideas that might help (as broken sleep, pain, a cold, and an early waking 3 year old are making me grumpy!)?
Many thanks x

CoolCat2014 Sat 29-Mar-14 07:58:39

I'm 17 weeks and have been having that this week, lots of aches and pains. I went to GP to get checked out who referred me to see a consultant at the hospital, I've had a mild vaginal infection, but they reassured me that the pains were ligaments stretching, and that everything is fine and not to worry.

If you're really worried see your GP, but I think unless it's severe and constant it's prob ligaments!

KatharineClover Sat 29-Mar-14 09:39:25

Thanks CoolCat, I hope you are feeling ok now?
I saw my midwife on Thursday, not due to see anyone again til 28 weeks so of course this starts the night after I see her, haha! Hopefully it will ease off as the ligaments stretch - my bump has got a lot more noticeable in the last few days so I guess that might be the cause of the aches and pains!
X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now