Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

early labour all day, when should i go back to hospital

(16 Posts)
blacklily3 Sat 29-Mar-14 02:49:56

Hi all, just after some advice if anyone is up. Am 40+3 now and had a sweep on Thursday afternoon. Cramps and back ache started about 11am Friday morning and by 2pm they were 4-5 mins apart, managed them with paracetamol until I lost my plug. By 4pm they were 3-4 mins apart so went triage, sent home as only 2cm dilated, given conformal. Been having painful contractions all night, bath twice helped a little but didn't slow them down. Oh been great and massaged lower back and hips which helped and managed to lie and doze on sofa for a couple of hours. Now contractions back, way more painful and I just can't move when they hit and paracetamol not doing a thing! More intense now but about 6 mins apart. Wide awake now and wondering when I should go to hospital as don't take me in till 5-6cm dilated. Am also still getting lots of bloody show 12 hours later, it has never stopped since 2pm - was given another sweep at triage too. Could really do with something stronger for the pain now, it's in my hips and right down thighs :c) also my lift to hospitAl is about half hour away, don't want to go there too soon but managing at home is definitely sucking again. Oh sleeping now on setter with dogs so want to leave him as he will need rest too. This slow labour sucks - it's my 2nd. Am wide awake now too.

Wheresmysocks Sat 29-Mar-14 02:53:38

Hi.

I would try & sleep but it sounds like your in too much pain...so I would probably go back to hospital shortly.

Take care & update !

Good luck.

DoItTooJulia Sat 29-Mar-14 02:54:27

The midwives always told me that if you can't eak during a contraction it's time to go in! Good luck!

blacklily3 Sat 29-Mar-14 03:07:48

Thank u. Am gonna try and hold.out as long as possible, just wish my waters would break! You r right no sleep for me now, can't lie down or sit will ring shortly and hope they take me no matter what. Will keep you update :c)

icklekid Sat 29-Mar-14 04:56:26

Hope you're either feeling better or in hospital, so hard to know when the 'right' time to go in is...I'm sure I will be exactly the same!

blacklily3 Sat 29-Mar-14 05:39:46

Hi all, got to triage bout

blacklily3 Sat 29-Mar-14 05:39:48

Hi all, got to triage bout

blacklily3 Sat 29-Mar-14 05:40:42

Sorry contraction! Got to triage bout 5, lovely m

blacklily3 Sat 29-Mar-14 05:40:45

Sorry contraction! Got to triage bout 5, lovely midwives, am

blacklily3 Sat 29-Mar-14 05:41:59

Lol on labour ward and thank god have gas and air. 4cm dilated but waiting waters to go naturally. All the midwives are being wonderful. Trying to keep active this time round.

DoItTooJulia Sat 29-Mar-14 20:04:58

Hoping very thing went well!

blacklily3 Sat 29-Mar-14 21:07:29

Hi all, very well. Gave birth to baby boy at 2:36pm this afternoon, with just gas and air and one shot of diamorphine, no forceps or episode this time :-) we are waiting the doc and then will be discharged and can get my own bed tonight.

99redbafoons Sat 29-Mar-14 21:17:53

Congratulations! Enjoy him x

InkleWinkle Sat 29-Mar-14 21:34:50

Congratulations & lots of love xx

firstbaby01 Sat 29-Mar-14 21:34:54

congratulations on your baby boy grin

DoItTooJulia Sat 29-Mar-14 21:51:16

Ah, lovely! Congratulations!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now