Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Falls during pregnancy :(

(8 Posts)
xxx28xxx Fri 28-Mar-14 20:15:30

Has anyone fallen during pregnancy? I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself after falling today, apart from being mortified I've not got scrapped knees and hands as well as slight headache after banging my head on pavement. Thankfully I managed to fall on my left side so bump didn't get any trauma.

I don't even know how it happened as I didn't trip and the road was completely even yet I went flying and the weight of my 34 wk bump just dragged me down. Anyway I promptly burst into tears from shock and my other half had to sprint up the road to get me. Anyway I'm feeling ok apart from slight headache and baby has been moving like normal but jst feel a bit sorry for myself. Has anyone else fallen in pregnancy? Do u think I need to get checked or just rest? As I said baby seems to be fine but just wanted some advice <sob>

TheOnlySeven Fri 28-Mar-14 20:20:41

I would still get checked out tbh as I'm a worrier. I'm sure baby will be fine though, my mum fell off her bike at 8 months pregnant with me. Hope you're feeling ok and not too shaken up by it x

xxx28xxx Fri 28-Mar-14 20:24:25

Yes maybe i should, baby is moving loads but I'm kind of worried about the fact I lightly hit my temple and I have a bit of a headache now. I know that's probably to be expected with a head injury. Just can't believe it happened, I've never fallen over like that in my life!

GingerRodgers Fri 28-Mar-14 20:27:54

Go and get checked. They will have seen people for less than this.
Always better to be safe than sorry.
thanks

Aylish1993 Fri 28-Mar-14 21:27:46

I have fallen over about 10+ times since being pregnant and I just felt really stupid and embarrassed. My midwife said unless there was any bleeding or pains that the baby should be fine because their that protected in there. Hope you haven't hurt yourself to badly and don't worry smile

Writerwannabe83 Fri 28-Mar-14 21:59:38

I tripped down some stairs when I was about 24 weeks pregnant - I only fell down about 3 but ended up on my hands and knees and caught my bump a little on the bannister. It was in the dentist's surgery and very embarrassing, I burst out crying with the shock and everyone ran to my rescue. The dentist wouldn't let me leave until I'd spoken to a midwife at Triage and they asked me to go straight in. I ended up being put on a tracing monitor for just under 5 hours - everything was fine thankfully,

I hope you, your baby and your grazes are doing ok smile

xxx28xxx Fri 28-Mar-14 22:21:58

Thanks all, in the nicest possible way I'm glad I'm not the only one to have done this. I've had dinner, a bath and headache has now gone and baby moving fine so I'm feeling a bit better. Just scratched up knees and a bruised ego. My hubby is keeping an eye on me and if I start to feel ill or lack of movements we will go straight to hospital. Needless to say I'm going to start being much more careful!! Have already had a lecture off my mum and mil lol

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Fri 28-Mar-14 22:54:01

Yep, I did it too. Was at work and just slid over. Fortunately only a couple of people saw but I had to report to the medical officer. When he found out I have D negative blood he sent me straight home to call my midwife. Fortunately I'd just had my anti-d injection, otherwise she'd have given it to me.

I know that's important but for the life of me, at this present time, I can't remember why. blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now