Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

cooking rather than nesting

(8 Posts)
K8eee Fri 28-Mar-14 17:40:44

has anyone else had this...? I'm 40+5 weeks and all today all I have done is nothing but cook confused admittedly i'm trying to get a load of dinners in the freezer but I've powered on through my excruciating back and hip pain and cooked up 2 kilos of mince into chilli & bolognese, a batch of sausage rolls and have made homemade burgers and chips for dinner. tell me this is normal! fingers x I sleep well tonight! blush

theborrower Fri 28-Mar-14 20:02:31

Yes, I enjoyed lots of cooking and baking in the last couple of weeks, as well as some very thorough cleaning (not like me!). It's good to be organised. Mind you have a wee rest though!

Quodlibet Fri 28-Mar-14 20:05:25

You will be so grateful for those dinners in a few weeks though - far more than clean skirting boards or whatever.

K8eee Fri 28-Mar-14 20:09:22

quodlibet funny you should say that, I keep thinking of doing the skirting boards but I don't think my back and hips could take it wink I've had a large asda food shop delivered today too so we're all stocked up and hopefully have no need to go shopping for a while smile

borrower I am now having a much needed soak in the bath! heat is working wonders grin

Quodlibet Fri 28-Mar-14 20:12:10

Leave the skirting boards, they'll just get dusty again and you won't even notice them once you have a lovely baby to look at!

ToriaPumpkin Fri 28-Mar-14 21:39:29

Funny you should ask, I've done nothing but bake the last few days! My MIL took my two year old out for the day to give me a chance to sleep and rest, I made a cauldron of bolognese to freeze, two batches of biscuits and a chocolate cake and did three loads of washing. I've also made brownies tonight rather than getting an early night.

I don't remember doing any of this last time! grin

squishysquirmy Fri 28-Mar-14 21:44:20

I did exactly that! I was hoping that a nesting instinct would kick in, because I amordinarily a total housework slob, but instead I became obsessed with cooking and freezing. I was very glad of all the meals once the baby came, though.

K8eee Fri 28-Mar-14 22:23:09

How long was it between all the cooking and going into labour?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now