Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Evil headaches!!!

(9 Posts)
MrsMonkeyBear Fri 28-Mar-14 16:07:59

11 weeks today and I've had a permanent headache for 3 days. Paracetamol hasn't touched it, sleep makes it worse, well as soon as I wake up, it 10 times worse but eases slightly. Drinking loads of water and juice and eating frequently. I know it's probably my hormones but don't know what else to do. I want to rip my brain out!!!

Any tips on keeping these headaches at bay or should I see my GP

Thanks in advance!!!

EllaBella220 Fri 28-Mar-14 16:17:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sweetpea86 Fri 28-Mar-14 16:39:11

Oh I remember in my first trimester getting god awful headaches and paracetamol would not shift them.

They type of headache that made me feel like my head was going to pop off. It was one of those things that lasted for about 2 weeks on and off and the only thing that would help was a bag of frozen peas wrapped in a towel.
Really do hope it stops for you soon I remember it was awful. Bloody hormones lol

jammiecat Fri 28-Mar-14 16:42:13

Taking paracetemol with a can of coke always works well on my migraines as caffeine helps your body absorb the paracetemol whilst still being within the daily caffeine limits.

MrsMonkeyBear Fri 28-Mar-14 17:30:03

Thanks ladies. Gonna send hubby to shop to get me some cans of coke!!!

LittleRedDinosaur Fri 28-Mar-14 19:01:07

I find rubbing tiger balm over my forehead helps- discovered in South East Asia last pregnancy

Monkeybrain10 Fri 28-Mar-14 20:26:39

Try 4head...it's a menthol balm u rub on your head. I find it really helps with the headaches which painkillers won't touch. It basically makes your head feel cold but easier than applying a bag of frozen peas! hormone headaches often cause the blood vessels to open up meaning more blood thumping through your head. Through cold makes them dilate so should help take the pain away. Worth a try...i find4head works well for me.

Kt1991 Fri 28-Mar-14 20:32:55

I've been like this for the last couple of weeks too, it is nasty! So feel for you OP. I was advised coke would help aswell! And not to take too much paracetamol as your body can get immuned to it and not actually help the headaches. Hope they clear for you soon x

MrsMonkeyBear Sat 29-Mar-14 04:52:49

I found some relief by washing my hair!!!! Used some mint and tea tree shampoo and ten minutes later, I felt brilliant!!! After 8 hours sleep, my left eye wants to pop out!!! Don't know how I'm going to cope at work today!! Sending OH to boots to get some 4head stuff.

Thanks ladies for the advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now