Talk

Advanced search

Anyone's doctor given them advice on Biofreeze?

(6 Posts)
weebigmamma Fri 28-Mar-14 15:28:04

The chemist wouldn't sell it to me (I want it for restless legs) because it says to consult your doctor on the back. So I went to another chemist and bought it there :-/

Haven't used it yet but I know I will be feeling desperate tonight. I can't used other muscle rubs because they contain blood thinning ingredients (I'm having a section in 2 weeks time). I've read of people using Biofreeze on here but just wondering if anyone has asked their doctor about it?

Stom91 Sat 29-Mar-14 01:04:46

Can't help didn't want to read and run but I know bananas are good for restless leg! Xx

mampam Sat 29-Mar-14 09:19:43

My chiropractor has recommended this to me and she knows I'm pregnant, apparently you can buy it from health food shops. I wouldn't worry too much. [Smile]

weebigmamma Sat 29-Mar-14 18:21:12

Thanks :-) I bought some and it seems to work fairly well but I've also taken advice and got myself some iron and magnesium which I'm hoping will sort it out. I have literally tried everything else so hope so!!

squizita Sat 29-Mar-14 21:25:41

Some chemists are idiots! One wouldn't sell me aspirin when I take it to ward off miscarriage under medical advice 'because you're pregnant'. Give your doc a ring but I'm sure it's OK.

ClearlyMoo Sat 29-Mar-14 22:25:01

I bought some from Ocado, used it then read the "consult pharmacist/doctor" on box. I think baby and are doing just fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now