Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Period like cramps at 34 weeks

(4 Posts)
xxx28xxx Fri 28-Mar-14 05:56:59

Hi

I'm just wondering if it is normal to have period type cramps at this stage? I'm not in agony but generally quite uncomfortable and heavy feeling. Baby is moving like normal and I think my bump dropped a few days ago as it's sitting much lower. Sorry for tmi but I also have horrific wind which started when bump dropped, is baby sitting against my bowels or something?

I did mention cramps to mw when I saw her at 32 wks and she said its normal but im still a bit worried as it is a bit worse now. Any advise would be great! Thanks

smilesallround247 Fri 28-Mar-14 08:58:46

Heya im 36 weeks and I'm getting cramps too. They come off and on randomly but really ache!
I've spoken to a few people about it and they say it's normal. I see my midwife tomorrow so I'll be asking her too. x

Sweetpea86 Fri 28-Mar-14 09:00:41

It could be braxton hicks contractions. I assumed it was tightening in tummy but can be period cramps too

xxx28xxx Fri 28-Mar-14 13:07:10

Thanks both, reassuring to hear its normal. I am getting lots of Bh too, ie tummy tightening so must all be related. Hoping its a good sign but knowing me I will still end up being late lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now