Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Horribly realistic pregnancy related dream/nightmare (graphic description)

(10 Posts)
lyns31 Fri 28-Mar-14 04:32:28

Anyone else had a loss dream? Please don't read further if the details of one might be upsetting.

Quite upset after mine. Am 21 weeks gone and guess I have had a stressful day due to OH's brother leaving to live in Oz and there being a lot of family upset down to the difficulty in seeing him again.

I woke up an hour ago and don't want to wake DP as he's had a tearful day so hope noone minds me sharing this on here.

I'm 21 weeks and I had a semi-waking dream that I had woken up mid-labour. I reached down and felt her hanging out of me and I realised it was too early yet, but couldn't be stopped as I'd not woken in time. It was so lucid that even as I've fully woken I just can't shake the feel of the dream, I was on all fours when I woke just as I was in the dream which hasn't helped. Baby's kicking though and reminding me there's been no complications so far and she's a fit little monkey.

I rarely remember/am aware of my dreams so this was a real shocker. Hope I haven't been inappropriate bringing this up on here. Just not a time I could phone anyone for reassurance and as I have said earlier, OH doesn't need me waking him tonight.

Amo101 Fri 28-Mar-14 04:43:44

I've had similar dreams and have woken up confused as to what's real and what's not. I'm also 21 weeks (with triplets) so understand how horrible it feels. I've just put it down to over active hormones and usually the memory fades within a few hours.
But I'm sending very unmumsnet like hugs and hope they help x

LettertoHermioneGranger Fri 28-Mar-14 04:48:40

Oh what a horrible dream, understandable for you to be shaken up. Stress can certainly bring these dreams on. Try to distract yourself, read, television, mumsnet. Maybe have a little snack.

The warning was very thoughtful but not inappropriate at all to talk about this here. Lots of posters to offer sympathy; even if just a dream it's upsetting to you and you should receive nothing but support. Talking dreams through is very helpful. I probably would have woken my DP, I'm not nearly as thoughtful as you are!

lyns31 Fri 28-Mar-14 05:06:15

Triplets Amo? Wow, I was hoping for twins so they could always have each other, just the one LO in here though. Only triplets I've known are a force of nature, but are absolutely amazing. Thanks for the hugs. Am feeling a bit better.

Lettertohermione, I also doubted he'd be very sympathetic if I roused him so wasn't all about being thoughtful smile

lyns31 Fri 28-Mar-14 05:07:25

Triplets Amo? Wow, I was hoping for twins so they could always have each other, just the one LO in here though. Only triplets I've known are a force of nature, but are absolutely amazing. Thanks for the hugs. Am feeling a bit better.

Lettertohermione, I also doubted he'd be very sympathetic if I roused him so wasn't all about being thoughtful smile

lyns31 Fri 28-Mar-14 05:09:26

Sorry about the double post. Phone wigged out.

AlwaysDancing1234 Fri 28-Mar-14 05:46:15

I can still remember an awful vivid loss dream I had earlier on in my pregnancy, it really upset me for weeks and I was terrified but 27 weeks now and everything is perfect.
Midwife said It's a mixture of crazy pregnancy chemical hormones and probably some anxieties coming to the surface and it's very common (didn't make me feel better at the time though). You have to remember it was just a dream. flowers

alita7 Fri 28-Mar-14 07:56:44

I've had both premonition dreams and stupid dreams that were just scary and either hormones or my anxieties.

But the premonitions were about what was happening right then with my body not actually telling the future, so by that theory you should be ok if there's no sign of labour smile

the true ones were a miscarriage dream at about 9 -10 weeks, I had a mmc baby measured 9.4 weeks. And more positively this pregnancy I dreamt of 3 positive tests and then later of my mum telling me I was pregnant before my bfp.
but I've also dreamt of horrifyingly real seeming black Red clots coming out of me but I had a scan since the dream and all was fine so I doubt that was a premonition...

also last night I dreamt DP slept with my best friend with me right there (apparently with my consent?!) and it seemed so real and (Tmi alert) we all got covered in stickiness and I could literally feel it but obviously that's rubbish :p so feeling real doesn't mean it is smile

squizita Fri 28-Mar-14 09:25:02

I have a recurrent nightmare about a gruesome stick like figure being born/clawing its way out. I had several MCs in the past, which I think explains it. But still very shock indeed.

They meant nothing: had superb scans after them. Although I am high risk I have been described as 'healthy high risk' i.e. not worrying them.

Sure it's just a dream with you too - horrific though aren't they??

RaRa1988 Fri 28-Mar-14 09:30:42

Hope you're ok, OP. I had a horrific dream of giving birth to my daughter very suddenly in a shop changing room on holiday at only 24 weeks' gestation: she was born into my hands and was a horrible shade of purple. This was weeks ago now and nothing bad has happened, but still, I know how you feel. I cried and I was terrified it was a premonition, but sure enough, 24 weeks came and went without a hitch. I'm sure it's just a dream for you too, but hugs all the same.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now