Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bleeding at 2-3 wks, anybody got experience?...

(8 Posts)
sksk11 Thu 27-Mar-14 22:54:56

Hi ladies,

Looking for anybody who has been in this situation, even if the outcome wasn't positive.

I had my first BFP on 24th March (though my BFN from 20th March also decided to later develop into a faint BFP!). I have had 2 further BFPs, one at my doctors with the smallest drop of afternoon urine, and another the following morning with FMU. The lines on my three FRER tests have been getting progressively clearer.

However, I have been bleeding since last Friday. After the BFN, I presumed it was a late arrival AF, but once I got my BFP on 24th, and with the bleeding being different from my normal AF, I thought I'd better get checked out. I had a scan at the early pregnancy unit yesterday, but they couldn't find signs of life in my womb on normal or trans-vaginal scans.

They took some bloods, and my serum HCG level was 26, which would indicate I am only 2-3 weeks pg (not 7 weeks as my cycle dates would have suggested!), and they wouldn't be able to see anything on a scan at such an early stage.

I have continued to bleed since, red blood, not as heavy as a period, but enough to need to wear a panty liner. It comes away mainly when I sit on the toilet. I've had very very small clots, but nothing of major concern.

I will be having another blood test tomorrow to see if my HCG level has risen. If it hasn't, then it's likely this is a chemical pregnancy. If it's rising, then I know I'm not out of the woods, but the staff at the EPU said that it could be my hormone levels weren't high enough to stop my body acting as if it was having a period causing me to bleed in this way.

Can anybody share experiences? Thanks xx

Rockchick1984 Thu 27-Mar-14 23:51:42

So sorry you're experiencing this. I'm unsure how HCG levels can put you at 2-3 weeks pregnant - that would be 2-3 weeks after AF so only around the time of ovulation? If that's what they mean, then you wouldn't get a positive pregnancy test at that stage. I think all you can do is prepare for the worst, but hope for the best.

There are websites that can tell you what HCG levels to expect week by week, may be worth looking at?

ImBrian Fri 28-Mar-14 04:59:18

I had a chemical pregnancy last month, I had several faint bfps but the line didn't get darker and on less sensitive tests it was a bfn. I started bleeding a couple of days after my period was due and it was very similar to a period just lasting longer. I was still getting very faint lines a day or so after bleeding stopped but then they went back neg. sorry mines not a positive story, I really hope you get a better outcome.

ladythatlunches Fri 28-Mar-14 15:13:04

I also had a chemical pregnancy years ago. my line did not get darker. they were all faint.

then when I bled after a few days it was negative.

I never got a line like your bottom one.

good luck

ladythatlunches Fri 28-Mar-14 15:14:08

I also had a chemical pregnancy years ago. my line did not get darker. they were all faint.

then when I bled after a few days it was negative.

I never got a line like your bottom one.

good luck

Odaat Fri 28-Mar-14 19:16:09

I am currently going through the same OP. Awaiting a blood test mond to confirm if I am still pregnant (after bleeding for two days now) my lines are very faint - one has been a big darker, but still not as dark as yours. I am preparing myself that this is a chemical pregnancy. Good luck x

sksk11 Fri 28-Mar-14 20:19:32

My HCG level had fallen from 26 to 24, pretty much certain it's a chemical pregnancy and won't continue. So sad it's beyond words sad

Odaat Fri 28-Mar-14 20:42:40

Sorry op sad
I genuinely know how you feel right now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now