Talk

Advanced search

Tips for hospital nightwear

(9 Posts)
NauseousKitty Thu 27-Mar-14 21:44:52

It's only been two years but I can't remember what I packed in my hospital bag! I need some advice on what to wear while incarcerated. Any tips on pajamas/nighties? Thanks in advance peeps!

jammiecat Thu 27-Mar-14 21:51:21

I just came out of hospital after ac section. I took 2 nightdresses so no waistband to irritate my c section scar. I was in a week in the end and my DH needed to bring in a new nightdress so used 3 on total.

TKKW Thu 27-Mar-14 22:16:08

no c section for me first time. i found pyjamas useful at home and hospital. could breastfeed just by lifting up top of strap down and feel nicely covered. pj bottoms felt better for me when wearing maternity pads too. i had some maternity nighties but ended up wearing pj trousers too.

TKKW Thu 27-Mar-14 22:18:23

ive just bought some very lightweight woven cotton pj trousers from tesco. they had so many in, nice checks and some florally ones which were quite cool and non granny. Im due in may so i wanted lighter weight one - the woven cotton ones feel lighter than the jersey cotton.

theborrower Thu 27-Mar-14 22:20:00

I had a couple of nighties with BFing clasps. Were good because I ended up with an EMCS and so didn't have anything rubbing on my scar and nurses could still change my pads when I was still stuck in bed with a catheter/ couldn't move. I recommend dark colours! And a couple, because the ward was flipping roasting. I'll be taking the same again.

Damnautocorrect Thu 27-Mar-14 22:26:07

Don't forget dark colours

Mrswellyboot Thu 27-Mar-14 22:29:07

I had a wrap pj top from jojo mama that was good

Cheapy dark pj bottoms (two)

Three longline button down nighties

Two nice lace trim tops for evening visitors

I was in for a week so dh took washed and brought back items daily

qazxc Fri 28-Mar-14 09:03:28

for labour cheap baggy front opening nighty (2).
For ward two nighties: one is like a wrap dress and one has nursing straps. I might get some leggings too as i do have a habit of nighties riding up and kicking bedcovers off when I'm asleep and don't fancy mooning the ward.
I also reckon i'd feel the pad is more secure. I also have a pair of pyjamas and lightweight dressing gown.
All dark colours in case of leaks.

Sweetpea86 Fri 28-Mar-14 09:06:37

I got some black pj bottoms could even get away with them in the gym lol and and vest top which is a bit big for me so I can pull it down to breastfeeding. And I bought a really thin dressing gown as mines in a really chunky one. Been advised as it's warm in hospital. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now