Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Toddler to play themselves

(3 Posts)
mostlyconfused Tue 25-Mar-14 13:29:07

Hi

I'm 40 + 3 with Ds2 and already have a DD who is 3. We are very close and usually play a lot together during the day. I'm a bit worried about how I'm going to cope when the new baby arrives. I'm trying to plan ahead and think of things/games I can have in for DD to play with herself. Obviously when the baby is sleeping I will give her all my attention. The housework will just have to wait for a while!

She likes doing arty stuff so I've already cut up lots of card into different shapes, got in lots of glue and gems, pom poms etc. I've avoided glitter as I won't have time to tidy up the mess!

I can't think of anything else!

Any ideas would be appreciated. smile

lighteningmcmama Tue 25-Mar-14 13:55:52

Lego

Sticlebricks

Playdough

Make up a sandbox (Tupperware container with sand in it, to draw in, like a home made etcha sketch)

Puzzles

Blocks

Stickers

Those are all things my 2 can play on their own with.

Reb3cca Tue 25-Mar-14 16:14:30

Playdough, moonsand, what about those cards with holes that you thread lace through to make a picture (not sure what they are called) sticker books, jigsaws. If you like toddler fashion check out my video on my latest toddler shopping spree - I also have pregnancy update videos if you fancy a peek :O) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Wl6koK-uvA&list=UU-DxGKz7B0xh_zSDzgnL2cw

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: