Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Toddler to play themselves

(3 Posts)
mostlyconfused Tue 25-Mar-14 13:29:07

Hi

I'm 40 + 3 with Ds2 and already have a DD who is 3. We are very close and usually play a lot together during the day. I'm a bit worried about how I'm going to cope when the new baby arrives. I'm trying to plan ahead and think of things/games I can have in for DD to play with herself. Obviously when the baby is sleeping I will give her all my attention. The housework will just have to wait for a while!

She likes doing arty stuff so I've already cut up lots of card into different shapes, got in lots of glue and gems, pom poms etc. I've avoided glitter as I won't have time to tidy up the mess!

I can't think of anything else!

Any ideas would be appreciated. smile

lighteningmcmama Tue 25-Mar-14 13:55:52

Lego

Sticlebricks

Playdough

Make up a sandbox (Tupperware container with sand in it, to draw in, like a home made etcha sketch)

Puzzles

Blocks

Stickers

Those are all things my 2 can play on their own with.

Reb3cca Tue 25-Mar-14 16:14:30

Playdough, moonsand, what about those cards with holes that you thread lace through to make a picture (not sure what they are called) sticker books, jigsaws. If you like toddler fashion check out my video on my latest toddler shopping spree - I also have pregnancy update videos if you fancy a peek :O) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Wl6koK-uvA&list=UU-DxGKz7B0xh_zSDzgnL2cw

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now