Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

cracking joints

(5 Posts)
K8eee Mon 24-Mar-14 23:02:57

I've noticed the past few weeks my joints have been cracking a lot more than normal, but today I got up off the sofa and my god I thought I had dislocated my knee! even dh looked a bit shocked when he heard it. is this normal?!

K8eee Tue 25-Mar-14 08:47:57

bump

DrewsWife Tue 25-Mar-14 08:57:09

I'm the mother of a kid with arthritis. So I can honestly answer this.

Dds joints crack spectacularly. The noise is nothing more than ligaments moving across or gas popping. It will not do any harm to your joints.

Old wives take about cracking fingers giving your arthritis. wink

It may be that you notice it more as you are now more aware of your body being pregnant. But mention it to doctor anyhoo.

Tallyra Tue 25-Mar-14 08:57:09

I think so. something to do with a hormone called relaxin. it makes joints more flexible...

Lozmatoz Tue 25-Mar-14 09:37:04

I'm a clicker, always have been and sometimes people are shocked by the noise. Hormones affect our ligaments when pregnant; so it's easier to give birth. I had terrible back spasms after i hsd DS, but it eased off when my hirmones settled down. I wouldn't worry about it, but see your GP if you're really concerned. I assume its not painful!?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now