Talk

Advanced search

NT results , harmony

(9 Posts)
Daytona79 Mon 24-Mar-14 19:21:22

Got my scored today , I'm 34 and the scan measurement was 1.8mm

Came back with a result of 1 in 342 which I know is low risk but I'd hoped for something in the thousands

So now in a flap but I've booked in at my local hospital for the harmony test at 9am tomorrow. It's £395 but we will also find out gender and we were away to anyway at a cost of £100

So I think fingers crossed peace of mind for £295 is worth it.

Just wondered did anyone else panic like me even though above the high risk cut off..??

BEEwitched Mon 24-Mar-14 19:36:01

My bloods came back as a combined result of 1:332 for Trisomy 18 and I had a huge panic about it, but given that the chance is still quite low in actual numbers, my hormones are screwy anyway and they had the gestational age slightly wrong we decided to not have any further tests as it IS considered a low risk result. I'm 30+4 now and he seems absolutely fine.

Secretlypregnant Mon 24-Mar-14 19:36:57

Totally! Because of friends' experiences and my age, even though I was in the (low) thousands with my NHS result, I still had the Harmony test.

I felt that if I didn't, I would keep worrying, however irrational that might be. There is so much potential for worry in pregnancy that if you can afford it, this helps to make it one less thing.

Just the scan itself made me feel better, because it was so much more detailed than the NHS one and the midwife said that she would be very surprised if there was a problem. I walked out of there feeling as if a weight had been lifted off me.

Daytona79 Mon 24-Mar-14 19:52:07

Hmmmm I'm not sure I get another US ..? That was not mentioned, I've just to go to my local hospital anti clinic for the bloods, she said they take two samples and give me a pack away with me that I post with the bloods to London who then send it on to USA

Results get sent in two week back too hospital, she then gives them to me and the place in USA sends me a invoice direct once I've got results which I pay.

No mention of another scan..??

Yes I agree it's worth it for my sanity.

Secretlypregnant Mon 24-Mar-14 19:55:51

Ah, OK, different set-up where I had it. But the main thing is the bloods. Wishing you all the best. smile

gunwalloe Mon 24-Mar-14 20:01:43

Did they tell you what your hcg and papp-a results where?

Ive had a redraw at the FMC today for my harmony test at 35 I was worried about my risks. The nuchal US they do there is so more detailed and the sonographer was oozing confidence perhaps go there for a nuchal or even the nuchal and harmony after 11 weeks its £500 but worth every penny.

Daytona79 Mon 24-Mar-14 20:03:51

No I never got told anything, it's just a standard NHS letter saying your low risk with result if 1 in 342 that's all it said.

I live in NE Scotland so I'm just going to my local royal infirmary for the blood test.

Cariad007 Mon 24-Mar-14 20:16:32

I was low risk but still felt uncomfortable with a 1 in 190 chance, as it was slightly higher than the average risk for my age. It was all down to a higher than average bHCG level - NT was 1.5, nasal bone was visible etc. I couldn't afford Harmony so instead I had a detailed 20 week scan with a consultant at the Fetal Medicine Unit at UCH and she found no soft markers for Downs or any heart problems. My son was born last month and he's perfectly healthy and normal. Just need to stop him from crying 24/7 now...

Daytona79 Tue 25-Mar-14 07:02:26

That's great news everything was ok , I've got my fingers crossed everything will be ok for me too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now