Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Measuring over

(4 Posts)
Sweetpea86 Mon 24-Mar-14 10:53:13

I'm 36+4 days and when the midwife measured me this morning she said I was 41 measuring.

She didn't seem to say anything about it but is that ok?

shineypeacock Mon 24-Mar-14 10:58:52

I measured over from about 34 weeks, 1-2 weeks more than i should. The day before my due date i measured 53cm, baby arrived 4days later at 8lb 8oz, after predictions of being over 10lb.

Dont worry, im sure you will be fine.

Inglori0us Mon 24-Mar-14 12:01:20

I've been measuring between 1 and 6 weeks over since 28 weeks. Had GTT and growth scan. Baby is big but my dh is 6'5" and my dd was a very long baby do nobody is worried. Also breech which makes you measure big. A lot of it is down to baby's position so don't worry. The measuring isn't an exact science and different people have measured me and got different numbers. They allow + or - 2cm anyway.
Don't panic! smile

Theyda Mon 24-Mar-14 14:24:59

I've been measuring over all the way through by a couple of cm. Had a private scan recently where they measured him and he's just below the average size so I don't think it bears too much on the actual size. My midwife said herself it's all a bit subjective.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: