Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Labour App

(6 Posts)
greentshirt Sat 22-Mar-14 09:58:00

Can anyone recommend a good app for timing contractions etc please? Not sure where to start!

meditrina Sat 22-Mar-14 10:14:18

You don't need a specific app, any stopwatch will do this. In fact an actual stopwatch would be better (then your phone is free for calls etc, or games that distract you).

greentshirt Sat 22-Mar-14 10:21:50

I know I dont need an app but I want one! I want to be able to keep a log of the length and intensity over time without having to record it on paper

Littlebean13 Sat 22-Mar-14 10:38:43

I went on the App Store and just searched for contraction timer and downloaded the first free one I saw. Found it a complete pain in the ass as my phone locks itself after a minute so I kept having to constantly touch the screen to keep my phone on!

SomethingOnce Sat 22-Mar-14 18:33:31

Some of the 'free' ones only allow you to record a few times before you have to pay to continue - not something you want to discover in the midst of real labour!

PenguinsEatSpinach Sat 22-Mar-14 20:56:21

Is there a particular reason you want to time everything so accurately? Even midwives don't really time contractions, they mostly look for '3 in 10', etc. So they count how many in a window of time, rather than timing a contraction.

I only ask because, in some people, focusing on mathematical information like that can be counter productive to labour actually establishing. Equally for some people they can be utterly brilliant, but just worth bearing in mind if this is your first in case you find you might be falling into the first group on the day?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now