Talk

Advanced search

Bleed at 35 weeks

(5 Posts)
Netguru Sat 22-Mar-14 07:43:19

Just got home from hospital. Two days ago I had quite a big bleed and took myself in. Monitored, no cause found, given steroid injections incase it reoccurs and now home. Still loosing tiny amounts of blood but clearly old not fresh.

DH and I now terrified to be honest. Any one been through similar?

Jo178 Sat 22-Mar-14 07:46:49

Yes me! I bled small amounts all the way through my pregnancy then had a massive one at 28 weeks with huge clots. Like you, nothing was found. Had steroids and a night in hospital followed by a growth scan which was ok. Opted to have a c section as I was so worried about bleeding again. DD is now 2.5 and absolutely fine! It such a worry isn't it?

seasaltbaby Sat 22-Mar-14 07:49:42

Hi OP, how scary for youhmm
I had something similar in my first pregnancy, unexplained bleed at around 32 weeks-was rushed to hospital in ambulance & all a bit dramatic & scary. However I'd stop bleeding by time I arrived. I was kept in over night & monitored but no reason was ever given-just one of those things. I went onto full term with normal delivery. It really was a horrible & scary experience but turned out to be nothing. Fx same for you x

AuditAngel Sat 22-Mar-14 21:52:53

Hi, I had Placenta Praevia with both DC2 and DC3. With DC2 I had a big bleed at 33.5 weeks, admitted for 2 days then released, back within 24 hours as bleeding restarted. CS at 37.5 weeks. She weighed 8lb 11oz at birth! She'll be 7 on Thursday.

With DC3 I was admitted at 24 weeks, 26 weeks, 3 times at 31 weeks, then again at 33 weeks hen I was told I had to stay in until baby was born.

Had an emergency CS at 36+1, she weighed 5lb 13oz.

Try not to worry, keep your notes to hand. I kept my bag packed as soon as I was diagnosed the second time around.

AuditAngel Sat 22-Mar-14 21:55:38

I also meant to say at 35 weeks the baby should be a reasonable size. DD2 didn't go to SCBU, she had 10 minutes in a warmer in the theatre, but was then just in a normal cot and we came home within 48 hours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now