Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Boosting question

(16 Posts)
ruth1104 Fri 21-Mar-14 21:48:15

hello,
I am 10 weeks and already most of my trousers are too uncomfortable to wear... I keep unbuttoning them when I'm sitting or in the car then forgetting when I stand up and nearly losing them! I reckon it's mostly bloating at this stage; it does vary a little and I'm 5'8", bmi 25, size 14, not expecting to show quickly.
My question is, is it likely to be permanent? Will it go down again before bump comes? I don't want to buy maternity anything until I need them (please don't tell me the stupid hair band trick, it doesn't work for me) but I need clothes that fit! Am usually a once-a-year clothes shopper and money's a bit tight so I don't want to waste it on buying millions of sizes of everything.. Thank you!

ruth1104 Fri 21-Mar-14 21:49:48

Stupid phone!!! Clearly bloating question not boosting!

SchroSawMargeryDaw Fri 21-Mar-14 21:50:58

Well if you are going to be buying maternity clothes then it will be your normal size you will be buying the entire time anyway, most likely.

MrsMonkeyBear Fri 21-Mar-14 22:03:19

Hi,
I'm 10 weeks too (dc1) and have the same issue. Some days "bump" is bigger than others, jeans getting unbuttoned a lot and it only seems to get worse. 5'6" and bmi 18. I got some bump bands from new look, 3 for £10. They look like the bottom half of a tight vest, means I can undo my button but bump band keeps them up. I also own far too many a few pair of jogging bottoms. The elasticated waist is a god send.

Congrats

Rockchick1984 Fri 21-Mar-14 22:56:44

Buy some cheap non maternity clothes a size too big - you will need them after having the baby too once your maternity clothes are too big but you're not back to pre-pregnancy size, so you will get your money's worth smile

Fairypants Fri 21-Mar-14 23:34:39

I got some belt extenders from ebay- they were just a couple of quid but kept me going in my normal clothes for a few extra weeks.

kally195 Sat 22-Mar-14 03:25:28

I was almost exactly the same height/weight (size 12-14) as you when I fell pregnant, and had the same issues with bloating. To get round having to buy maternity clothes too early, I got a bump band (www.bumpband.co.uk) so I could wear skirts/trousers undone. Far more comfortable!

I got a size 1 - I am now 32 weeks and still wearing it everyday as it is good for providing some bump support as well. That and work have failed to provide maternity uniform, so I am using it to hold up a pair of my husband's work trousers....

Sid77 Sat 22-Mar-14 03:33:39

Have you tried a bump band? Might work for you... They're thick bands which you wear over your trousers, so you can undo your trousers without them falling down, or being able to see that they're undone. It just looks like you've got a layer on underneath your top. Come in black and white - and probably more. HTH

Refoca Sat 22-Mar-14 03:39:42

Start wearing dresses...so much more comfy!

Monkeybrain10 Sat 22-Mar-14 12:25:24

I had major boating too. And i agree about the hairband trick not working well - my trousers just kept falling down as i walked! the bump bands are good - 3 for �10 in new look. They cover the top of your trousers and just look like a tee shirt.
I basically have abandoned all trousers as i have long legs so no hope of finding maternity trousers that aren't ankle swingers! So have been in leggings and dresses for the last couple of months. Much more comfy and make u feel less restricted.

Rockchick1984 Sat 22-Mar-14 13:07:26

Monkey try H&M for long maternity trousers - I wear a 33 or 34" inside leg and they are a good fit, also new look occasionally have very long leg maternity jeans.

squizita Sat 22-Mar-14 13:50:26

Week 15 for me, 1st one, exact same issue. Normal clothes unflatteringly tight but nowhere near maternity yet, thanks for tips everyone! smile

mrsnec Sat 22-Mar-14 14:14:13

I'm the same, I'm 12+3, I won't buy maternity clothes until I have too but I can't wear my jeans or fitted trousers anymore, I've ordered some harem pants, I'm living in leggings and dresses and I also have an old pair of black wide leg trousers I bought from m and s years ago that have an elasticated waistband and not a fixed one hopefully that will see me through a bit, I also lost weight before I got pg and didn't throw away my big clothes so maybe I'll be able to get away with that for a bit.

Scotmum83 Sat 22-Mar-14 14:58:01

I bought maternity jeans and trousers pretty early. I was so uncomfortable in normal clothes from about 12 weeks. I've just bought the small panel ones for now and they are so comfy I'm now 21 weeks. Otherwise leggings and dresses are an option.

hazeldawn Sat 22-Mar-14 15:54:55

Got a pair of under bump maternity Jeans from next have a panel instead poof side pockets with adjustable waist like kid clothes have don't think they'll be comfy after 25ish Weeks but will be great after dc is here and I can't get back into prepregnancy Jeans cost a little more than of have looked but so glad I bought them. They do up just like normal hand no thick waist band either.

ruth1104 Sat 22-Mar-14 23:08:04

thanks everyone, i will order some bump bands and see how i get on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now