Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Leaking breasts. BF question

(4 Posts)
Sweetpea86 Fri 21-Mar-14 19:01:41

Hi ladies,

From about 20 weeks my right breast has been leaking. But my left one hasn't at all.

When I get out the bath when I'm drying all I have to do is touch the right one and it starts to leak. But nothing from left one.

Just woundered when it comes to breast feeding will my it be only my right one I can feed from.

When you breast feed do you tend to have one breast you use always. Or swap over?

lastnightopenedmyeyes Fri 21-Mar-14 19:05:22

Don't worry leaking (or not leaking) milk during pregnancy has no bearing on whether you will be able to feed well or not.

You feed from both breasts (unless there's a strong medical reason that you can't) and normally alternate between the 2. Your midwife can provide you with lots of info and check out kellymom.com too.

KippyVonKipperson Fri 21-Mar-14 19:11:38

I think it's common to have differences between boobs, one slower, one faster etc, sometimes your baby may prefer one rather than the other and then swap preferences the following week! No reason to think both of yours won't work equally well when it comes to feeding your baby, lots of women don't even leak in pregnancy so it's not a sign as to wether things are 'working'.

My advice is try as much as possible to feed from both (offer the other side once the baby seems finished on one) because then you won't get lopsided and if there are any probs like cracked nipples or mastitis etc you have back up!

Sweetpea86 Fri 21-Mar-14 19:12:01

Thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now