Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

travel cots

(6 Posts)
aroha77 Fri 21-Mar-14 12:43:00

I'm confused by the amount of choice! Went to kiddicare and they ranged from £20 to hundreds!! Does anyone have any great advice or recommendations?
Thanks!

slightlyinsane Fri 21-Mar-14 13:18:50

Really depends what you want out of one. I've had a mama's and papas classic one for 9 yrs ish and the only thing that's wearing is the bag it goes in and I've used it for 3 kids so far. Think about how often you will use it and from when. If you aren't going to use it for a newborn you don't need the bassinet bit. We first used ours at around 8 wks ish and didn't have the bassinet bit and it was fine. Randomly this was the first time she slept through.
If it's occasional use you don't need to spend a fortune. We have also never bought an additional mattress, just used thick blankets under a sheet when they were tiny.

qazxc Fri 21-Mar-14 15:34:27

How much are you going to use it? If not often, I would imagine you probably don't need the more expensive with attached changing area, etc...

KatAndKit Fri 21-Mar-14 15:50:49

I wouldn't bother buying one until you need it. We have one that was given to us, rarely need to use it as hotels often provide a cot. For a small baby you can just take your own Moses basket with you. The expensive travel cots are a waste of money really unless it is going to get lots of use.

bonzo77 Fri 21-Mar-14 15:53:52

We got a cheap one (baby weavers) and a good folding mattress, which cost as much as the cot. It mostly stays at my mothers, as gets used a lot. It's now bring used by the 3rd and 4th grandchildren (not at the same time). No basinette.

aroha77 Fri 21-Mar-14 17:23:29

Thanks! Guess will just use it at my mum's (although if I wait perhaps she'll buy one...!) and perhaps later on when camping?? But I forgot we'll be able to use the moses basket for a while so no rush.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now