Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When do I need to go in and get check out re pain?

(5 Posts)
Loopylouu Fri 21-Mar-14 10:58:56

Went for my final midwife check on Tuesday as I am booked in for a section on Wednesday next week.

As I have had a previous section, she pressed on me the importance to come in immediately if I have any pain or tightening as they worry about scar rupture. A consultant called me yesterday to reiterate what she said, again how important it was that I go in for any sharp pains or tightening a so they can monitor me and do the section ASAP as they don't want me to go into labour.

(this has all really consfused me as I did have to fight a bit to get another section, hospital wanted me to have a vbac, but now they are talking about not wanting me to go into labour due to risk of scar rupture. consultant kept asking me if I understood that I had to come in as a matter of urgency if anything happened as he didn't want to risk labour - wtf is that all about?! He was the one who originally said no to a repeat section! Nothing has changed since they were pushing me to have a vbac, doesn't fill me with faith in them tbh).

Anyway, so when is a pain a pain? I've have some right meninges and th odd sharp pain around my scar. But nothing severe. On one occasion, it was defiantly wind. So now I don't know what to do.

The maternity helpline is pointless, I've had to call them in the past and the advice is always have a paracetamol/a bath/go to the labour ward. I don't have a named midwife and there is no way of talking to them anyway, you have to go through the helpline, so it's very frustrating.

Got some niggly pain low down at the moment, not sure what to do.

Loopylouu Fri 21-Mar-14 11:00:18

* tightenings, sorry

peeapod Fri 21-Mar-14 11:03:56

if in any doubt then go to the labour ward with your notes and the info from your consultant, they have a triage where they can assess you. just make sure they know about your section...

good luck.

Loopylouu Fri 21-Mar-14 13:18:58

I'm sat waiting now. She hadn't moved much today either.

peeapod Fri 21-Mar-14 14:17:48

hope alll goes well

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now