Talk

Advanced search

Uppababy Vista rain marks

(10 Posts)
Squadge Fri 21-Mar-14 09:23:35

Hi ... Really disappointed that both original and replacement Uppababy Vista in mica grey have become horribly watermarked by rain (look like sweat marks) despite always using rain covers. We always store carrycot or seat indoors and only leave chassis in garage. Has anyone else had this problem ???. Uppababy suggested (via John Lewis) that we wash fabric after use but with four month old baby I don't have time and we would never have bought vista if we knew this was necessary. Strangely, uppababy claimed they had never heard of the problem yet they gave same washing advice to mum with same problem via their Facebook page!?! So dreadfully disappointed as waited ages for baby and now feel so embarrassed when pushing lovely daughter in stained pushchair. John Lewis kept suggesting that we swap to another brand and seemed keen that we buy a bugaboo but we chose uppababy vista after much research and so really don't want to have to go back to the drawing board and choose whole new pushchair as have matching cosy toes etc and other than rain marks we are really happy with vista. We have been speaking to john Lewis about the problem since before Christmas but still no satisfactory resolution not least because uppababy not acknowledging problem. Would love to hear if others have same problem.

TooTiredToBeCreative Fri 21-Mar-14 09:26:27

I have the Vista in black and haven't had any problems with rain marks. Maybe swap to a different colour if JL will let you?

cogitosum Fri 21-Mar-14 09:49:04

I have it in blue with no problems and know someone with the red who loves hers. So agree swapping colour may be a good idea.

Can't say it would bother me

crispyporkbelly Fri 21-Mar-14 09:52:08

I have it in green and don't have this problem. How can rain stain if you had the rain cover on?

Squadge Fri 21-Mar-14 11:01:13

Stains really do upset me as would not where clothes with sweat stains so definitely do not want to push pram with rain marks that look like sweat marks! We have religiously used rain covers otherwise baby would have been soaked ... Have no idea why fabric still gets wet hence stains but at wits end with disgusting marks. Appreciate other colours might not have same problem but does not help us as have mica grey and matching items.

babybear2468 Fri 21-Mar-14 11:10:39

Oh dear, that sounds really bad. how disappointing. I'm 30wks and already bought my Uppababy Vista in Ella/ green and was very much looking forward to using it kn a couple of months or so. I hope you get this issue resolved. Will keep an eye on this in case I have the the same staining.

Christelle2207 Fri 21-Mar-14 11:12:54

Oh dear id be pissed off. I have in jade green and it's fine. I would ask for a new set of colours.

Squadge Fri 21-Mar-14 17:00:34

Uppababy originally suggested stains caused by type of rain where we live!?!

nearlyreadytopop Fri 21-Mar-14 18:53:32

I have a vista in grey, used for roughly a year and no water marks.
It not good you are having these problems, I thought uppababy prided itself on customer service!
The only problem I have is the brake sticking.
For the next baby I'm going to buy a new fabric pack, probably red or green. Maybe they could replace your fabric with another set and see if maybe you got a faulty set.

crispyporkbelly Fri 21-Mar-14 21:36:44

Just take it into a John Lewis store and ask for a replacement hood thing to be ordered.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now