Talk

Advanced search

Anyone had umbilical hernia repair and now pregnant??

(1 Post)
sarbe1990 Thu 20-Mar-14 21:07:25

I had a peri-umbilical and an umbilical hernia repair (mesh) which was done in July 2013. I followed the doctor and surgeons advice regarding how long to leave it before trying to get pregnant. I found out I was having twins at my 12 week scan. I am now 14 weeks pregnant and have been having some pains which can only be described as "tugging" in the area where the mesh repair is. They occur mainly when I'm active (doing housework etc) and I'm slightly worried that I could be damaging the repair and may cause it to split. I am wondering if anyone has been in the same situation as me and if so, are these "pains" normal? Is it usual to expect to feel something in that area given that I am going to be stretching a lot now? Is there anything I should be keeping an eye out for or be worrying about? I know it is going to be best to speak to my consultant but my appointment isn't until 7th April and so wanted to see if I could just ease my worry a bit for now.

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now