Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Funny turn this morning

(13 Posts)
Hellymummy Thu 20-Mar-14 16:45:08

I had a really funny do this morning. I got up, had breakfast, got dressed etc etc and felt ok then all of a sudden I got a stomach cramp/ache feeling then started sweating, really big sweat break out then needed to pass a bowel movement. I got upstairs with very weak jelly legs. I had a bowel movement and then began to feel ok. About 5 mins later, I felt ok, bit tired but ok! Anyone else had this???????

CoolCat2014 Thu 20-Mar-14 16:58:33

Sounds like when I've had bad IBS... Have you been drinking enough water?

Hellymummy Thu 20-Mar-14 17:01:06

Oh really! Actually had a rough day yday and didn't drink nowhere near as much as I should or usually do!!! Have you had this before then????

CoolCat2014 Thu 20-Mar-14 17:06:13

Yes but not since I've been pregnant.. But if I've been a bit constipated I can get a sudden urgency to go with sweaty dizzy nausea, which passes after movement, but leaves me feeling a bit sore inside and v tired. Can be something I ate/change of diet, stress, or lack of fluids for me.

I'm no expert, but would suggest you get plenty of fluids and if it happens again maybe phone NHS direct for advice?

Anyway hope you feel better!

RhubarbCrumble1 Thu 20-Mar-14 17:26:27

Yes, this morning! I was fine afterwards but convinced myself at time laid in bed I was dying/losing the baby etc... Until I went to the loo and had bowel movement. I'm Not quite as regular now as I was pre pregnancy and wonder if my body doesn't like it it x

Ferreroroche123 Thu 20-Mar-14 17:32:12

Yes, bowels are all over the place this pregnancy. Constipated one minute, going 3 times a day the next. Get bad stomach cramps.

First time I was pregnant I had two very funny turns, I thought I was dying/losing the baby. Both times it passed after bowel movement.

Midwife told me it is because your body is on heightened alert to protect baby from any bacteria in your food, so you can react badly to things you might normally not notice at all, but I also think it is the hormones disrupting your digestive system and making your bowels rather volatile.

Hope you are better now.

Hellymummy Thu 20-Mar-14 17:37:34

Thanks girls for the advice, nice to know I'm not alone! It's a scary business this pregnancy thing!!!!!

Mummytobe2014 Thu 20-Mar-14 17:48:47

I get this as an IBS sufferer although havent had it since being pg! Its awful how it can make u feel.

I've had similar in all of my pregnancies (expecting DC3 next month) and its been worse this time - often hot and clammy when needing the loo, almost Braxton Hicks type feelings too (especially in third trimester) and cramping. With DC1 I often felt nauseous before needing a poo! Less of that this time thank goodness.

Never had it when not pregnant!

Boogles91 Thu 20-Mar-14 19:10:47

I kept getting faint spells, but with panic attack at the same time. And when i tested my blood sugars they were sky high 0.o they seemed to have subsided now but i still get the odd few....i hate having panic attacks but the ones wher you pass out with them r even worse! I thought maybe i have that gd, booked in for my test in april. My sugars have been known to go funny every niw and again as i was hypo glycemic when i was poorly last. I dont have diabetes though lol had the test done a few times x

summerbaby2014 Thu 20-Mar-14 21:29:46

Yup. Sounds familiar. Hot and uncomfortable with tummy cramps, ok after a trip to the loo. It happened a couple of times. I mentioned it to the GP at my last visit who thought it was nothing to worry about. I put it down to change in diet etc (too much junk food).

greentshirt Thu 20-Mar-14 21:31:52

I'm getting this pretty regularly now, putting it down to my body getting prepared

TKKW Thu 20-Mar-14 23:02:32

Wow, what you've described has happened me twice this week!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now