Talk

Advanced search

anyone else on aspirin and have low lying placenta?

(7 Posts)
chellechelle26 Thu 20-Mar-14 13:57:43

here it goes.... currently 21 weeks.
its my second pregnancy, first ended with the birth of my son (now 7) by emcs at 28 weeks. I'm on aspirin due to the clots in the placenta in my last pregnancy and notching on the uterine artery in this pregnancy. since my last consultant appt the anomaly scan has shown low lying placenta (right lateral anterior + covers os) I'm at increased risk of premature birth and have to admit what I've read about bleeding during birth is scary and if I were to have a premature birth would still be on blood thinning aspirin so am worrying about that! with the placenta being low lying anterior and having had a previous c section thats another worry of mine! running over things in my head and won't have the reassurance of my consultant for another 4 weeks so am wondering if anyone has been or is in a similar situation to me and what information you have been given?

DomesticGoddess31 Thu 20-Mar-14 14:08:29

Are you on the low dose aspirin? I am after giving birth to DD at 34 weeks and then having 4mcs... and my consultant says its absolutely fine to use right up to the birth. I did have a low placenta but at 32 week scan it had moved up and is now fine.

chellechelle26 Thu 20-Mar-14 14:11:17

yes low dose 75mg daily x

DomesticGoddess31 Thu 20-Mar-14 14:17:04

Ok same as me then. You'll be more prone to bleeds, I had a few little ones. Try not to worry too much but always get it checked out. You have plenty of time for the placenta to move up. Good luck.

Boogles91 Thu 20-Mar-14 19:27:21

Im on 75mg one daily, as a propholactic to preeclampsia due to bad kidneys xx

LePetitPont Thu 20-Mar-14 19:38:15

Also on 75mg a day, as I have a v low level of PaPpA hormone. Hope that your baby goes to term and all is well this time around.

chellechelle26 Thu 20-Mar-14 20:41:13

thanks all, knew pregnancy would be hard this time round but even though problems were expected I am finding things hard!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now