Talk

Advanced search

35wks and can't sleep

(9 Posts)
JollyMarie79 Thu 20-Mar-14 13:43:20

Can't sleep on front can't sleep on back. Lay on left side and hip aches, lay on right side and that hip aches. Legs start twitching, need a pee constantly.

I'm so flaming tired. All I've done since taking dd to school is sit on sofa and dose and now I've only an hour before I need to pick dd up.

Feeling lots of self pity sad

DomesticGoddess31 Thu 20-Mar-14 13:56:27

Oh I sympathise you poor thing. I've had similar for weeks now. What I found helped was buying a mattress topper to cushion my hips a bit. I got a cheap single one from argos just fitting it on my side of the bed. I still wake up to turn over but I can get an hour and a half of sleep before either the pain or bladder wakes me. Also a firm pillow between your thighs helps.

Sweetpea86 Thu 20-Mar-14 16:51:23

Same here Hun I'm 36 weeks spd so turning around is excruciating and wake up needing a pee. My nose is constantly stuffed up so can't breath. I'm exhausted

CrepeFoofette Thu 20-Mar-14 18:12:12

Same here so I completely sympathise with you sad. I'm 34+3. I'd second domestic goddess's suggestion re the pillow between thighs.

JollyMarie79 Thu 20-Mar-14 21:15:37

Thank you ladies. I am definitely going to try the advice given re mattress and pillow between thighs.
.......and if someone says to me one more time " it's natures way of getting me ready for sleepless nights" I'm going to punch them! (Not that I'm violent lol) xxxxxxblush

CrepeFoofette Thu 20-Mar-14 21:23:50

Ha!! I very nearly wrote that in my post jolly. Incredibly irritating, along with: "Make the most of your sleep now as you won't be getting any once the baby comes along...etc etc". Aaarrggghhhh!

Monkeybrain10 Thu 20-Mar-14 22:47:36

If it makes u feel better, i haven't slept since week 5! With similar things...pains in hips, thighs, needing the loo, cramps etc etc. I figure it is just nature's cruel joke on.me. I thought i would be able to bank my sleep but not a chance! I hope u do manage to get some more though! Good luck :-)

weebigmamma Fri 21-Mar-14 06:46:36

Hi there, I also haven't been sleeping properly for ages. I'm now at 36 weeks and I have figured out that the only thing that works for me is to get up. I wake myself up completely, go downstairs, have a glass of milk or a piece of toast and go on Facebook etc for an hour. It tired me out enough so that I can then go back to bed and get another couple of hours sleep. I have been doing that for a few weeks now and it means that I'm up every 2-3 hours, but also that I get to sleep for a couple of hours at a time at intervals during the night, which is a lot better than lying there in agony and not sleeping at all. I hope you find a strategy to cope with it because the tossing and turning is sheer hell.

Sympathise about the people who keep saying it's your body getting ready for having a baby. Total load of crap. I've had a baby before and the huge advantages of having it outside your body are that a) you can hand it over to someone else if you have some support, which means you can sleep properly at least sometimes! and b) the heartburn, pain, discomfort of pregnancy disappears magically overnight. I honestly felt like I could have run a marathon in the first couple of days after giving birth (it wasn't true, I would have died, but I felt really good lol).

bellablot Fri 21-Mar-14 06:51:07

I'm exactly the same at 36 weeks. My advice is to sleep almost upright. Trying to sleep lying down is almost impossible with spd. Get at least 4-5 pillows, build them up like a slope so when your lying on your back your almost upright, if that makes any sense. Helped me enormously this past week. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now