Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

20 weeks + 5 and no kicks or movements felt at all

(14 Posts)
jollyjellybean Thu 20-Mar-14 13:09:14

I'm 20 + 5 and to date I've felt no movements of the baby at all so I'm getting a bit worried as I've heard that many feel the baby move well before this

I did have my 20 week scan this week and the baby seemed ok and waved a little hand which was v sweet but I am just concerned that I'm not feeling any movements at all whereas others are feeling lots and much earlier

Is this normal and should I be worried or do some experience movements much later? This is a first pg for me so not sure what they feel like but certain I've not felt anything yet

any advice gratefully received

BusyBee999 Thu 20-Mar-14 13:18:09

Hi Jolly,
I am 21+4 with my first and I haven't felt anything yet either!
I think its probably because I am quite active so therefore generally unaware of tiny stomach movements etc.
Also at 20wk scan the sonographer did say that the placenta was shielding baby from my stomach, so he/she would need to give me quite a whack to feel it!
Trying not to worry as baby seemed very active in the scan!
Hopefully we will both feel something soon!

Ilovebean Thu 20-Mar-14 13:18:27

Hi Jolly.

Try not to worry, I had very similar concerns to yourself. I'm 24 weeks now also with my first and I'm only just feeling the odd kick. It's mainly in the mornings when I'm just waking up.

Everyone is different and will feel kicks at different stages but it's perfectly normal not too feel anything for a few more weeks yet.

My MW said this could be because the stomach muscles are stronger because it's baby no.1 or it could be the way the placenta is laying.

If you're super worried speak to your MW, but I'm sure everything is fine. X

MissSlackPants84 Thu 20-Mar-14 13:25:27

If its your first you may not feel anything for a while. I'm really lucky that I started feeling movement quite early (2ish weeks) but we are not all the same. The little tinker is practicing karate as I type. Whilst we are eager for movement i'm sure by the time we are full term we'll be begging for them to stop smile

MissSlackPants84 Thu 20-Mar-14 13:29:07

That was supposed to be 20ish weeks lol

ThePowerOfCake Thu 20-Mar-14 13:32:53

I felt nothing really out of the ordinary until about 23 weeks. I'd felt little flutterings, but they just felt like wind and I couldn't be sure. One day I KNEW it was definitely her kicking, no mistaking it at all. My midwife said that she expects around 10 movements a day from 24 weeks, but wasn't at all worried about me not feeling anything before then, especially with my first. I'm 40 weeks now and it feels like my bump is going to explode every time she moves!

jollyjellybean Thu 20-Mar-14 15:07:35

Thank you all so much for your replies
I'm hoping to feel some movements soon just for reassurance as I have no more scans booked now

My bump is measuring on the small side and its my first so I'm hoping that's got a lot to do with it

its very reassuring to hear from you all so thanks once again

Expectingtwins1975 Thu 20-Mar-14 15:33:33

I'm 25 weeks and have only felt definite movements in the last couple of weeks. Didn't really feel anything at 20 weeks

magichandles Thu 20-Mar-14 15:34:57

I didn't feel anything until 22/23 weeks with my first - I wouldn't worry at this stage.

jollyjellybean Thu 20-Mar-14 15:38:57

thanks expecting - its great to know I'm not the only one not to feel anything at this stage

ever since I started the 2nd trimester I haven't felt pg at all - the first trimester was constant nausea the whole time but the last two months I haven't felt pg at all and don't look pg - I'm hoping that my bump will start to appear in the next few weeks and that I get at least a few little prods from the little one for reassurance

stargirl1701 Thu 20-Mar-14 15:40:14

With my first, I didn't feel anything until 24 weeks. Try not to worry.

TheKnightsThatSayNee Thu 20-Mar-14 15:44:59

Have a cold glass of water and lie down sometimes that works for me.
Otherwise try not to worry as others have said placenta position and other things affect how much you feel at this stage.

Teddybear33 Thu 20-Mar-14 19:02:50

I'm not as far along jollyjellybean, am 15+3 (I think!) but defo get what you mean about not feeling pg anymore. I also had constant nausea so it's really odd now it's eased off. Hope you feel something soon xx

jollyjellybean Thu 20-Mar-14 20:08:31

thanks so much for your replies

yes I am really hoping that I get some movements or something soon as I just don't feel or look pg at all
after those first 3 months when pg was all I could think of due to the constant nausea now I just don't feel pg

The scan this week was a relief to see my little one but no movements at all from the bubba is making me anxious

Im going to try the cold water lying down tip soon x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now