Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Swollan feet and hands does it add to weight gain

(2 Posts)
Newmummy123 Thu 20-Mar-14 11:20:24

Slightly worried I've gained 8 lbs in a week. But this last week my feet and hands are swollen. I feel bloated and full of water could this be some of my weight gain.

K8eee Thu 20-Mar-14 11:39:20

yep! definitely part of your weight gain. I too am worried as I've had to start taking some.of my rings off. I've only got 3 (wedding, engagement & one my parents bought my years ago, signet ring) but I spoke to a friend of mine who is a mw and as she said, my baby feels like it's weighing up to be 7-8lb, then there is the water your baby is in, you carry an extra 20% more blood than before, you've got a placenta and your boobs filling out. I wouldn't worry too much, but just don't use the excuse of feeding for two. Once you hit the end of your second trimester you only need an extra 200 odd calories which is just a banana.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now