Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Ravenous at 36+ weeks?

(4 Posts)
fionnthedog Thu 20-Mar-14 10:53:16

Hello all,

I'm currently 36+6 and ravenous!!! Up until around a week ago I have been fairly good at eating just the recommended 2200 calories a day (with the odd exception!!) but this week I am hungry all the time and know that I have exceeded that amount almost every day!

Is this the baby wanting / needing more calories or me just putting on fat unnecessarily? I am sleeping very poorly and still have one week of work to go so I don't know if I am mistaking exhaustion for hunger? But also I feel like I will curl up and expire if I don't have some toast right now!!!!

Any thoughts / help?

Sweetpea86 Thu 20-Mar-14 10:54:52

I'm the same to the point I've put 7lbs on in a week. I've never done that in my life. I'm class as obese 30bmi when I fell preg. My weights been steady untill this last week were I could eat my body weight in food. I hate feeling hungry all the time sad

Sweetpea86 Thu 20-Mar-14 10:55:06

I'm also 36 weeks

ClutchingMyPearls Thu 20-Mar-14 13:20:49

I have no idea why you need to eat but don't be too concerned, I am 38+4 and for about 5 weeks have needed to eat every 3 hours or I will feel sick!

Trying to eat small meals......

.....I said trying. Not necessarily succeeding!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now