Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Dating scan

(13 Posts)
PrincessWellington Thu 20-Mar-14 08:40:50

I'm going for my booking in appointment with the midwife today - I'm nearly 11weeks though already. Its her fault I haven't been seen - this was the first appointment she offered from 6weeks. She said on the phone that the scan would not be delayed. I'm doubtful. Any advice on late booking in and the scan? I'm really nervous about the scan and just want to know if everything is ok.

lyns31 Thu 20-Mar-14 09:11:30

I had reassurances like that but didn't get a scan till I was 18 weeks (didn't know how far I was). The nuchal window is 11 to 13 +6 wks so if you haven't heard from the hospital contact them yourself and tell them how far along you are. I wish I'd told the hospital how unsure I was of my dates as during my scan the Sonographer advised me to do so if I'm ever in the same situation again.

lyns31 Thu 20-Mar-14 09:15:16

* had told all and sundry about how I didn't know how far along I was and emphasised it multiple times to midwives asking in regards to the scan but they hadn't informed the hospital when they booked the scan!

PenguinsEatSpinach Thu 20-Mar-14 09:19:55

They can normally sort a scan pretty quickly. I'd wait and see how you go today before you worry - she may ring and book you in whilst you are with her.

PrincessWellington Thu 20-Mar-14 09:38:36

Thanks I'm not confident in the process at all. I will contact the hospital myself if she doesn't today.

Mmolly2013 Thu 20-Mar-14 09:45:08

My 12 wee scan was booked before i went for my booking scan as mine do it all in advance for you. so at my booking scan i only had to wait 3 weeks for 12 week scan as it was booked when I first told them I was pregnant. maybe thats what she means by it wont affect the date smile

PenguinsEatSpinach Thu 20-Mar-14 09:46:26

Hope it goes ok. I had this with my 20 week scan. I'd not been booked one because I was having an amnio and they wanted to wait until that was sorted (since, obviously, it could affect what scans I needed and when) but it sort of never reactivated. My MW got on the phone whilst I was with her and booked me in there and then.

Mmolly2013 Thu 20-Mar-14 09:46:52

If you find your 12 week scan it a bit further away than youd like then book a scan with babybond they are fantastic and good prices. You could even book a scan with them for tomorrow aslong as its available you just pay a deposit and show up its all online smile

PrincessWellington Thu 20-Mar-14 09:50:58

Been thinking that mMolly. Just don't really want to pay out if I only have a week to wait.

mlbear Thu 20-Mar-14 09:54:53

I had no clue about my dates, by time I realised I was pregnant MW couldn't see me for another couple of weeks, I guessed my last period! She did an urgent referral to hospital, faxed it when we left & I got an appointment thru the post a couple of days later, I didn't want the tests doing, just wanted to be dated, hospital appointment was another couple of days, I was 14 week when had my scan.
She did say if I wanted the test she would ring hospital & get an urgent appointment cos of the window you have, just stress the urgency smile

Roseandmabelshouse Thu 20-Mar-14 09:57:46

I had my booking at 11 weeks. It's not considered particularly late.

Mintymoomoo Thu 20-Mar-14 10:37:08

I had my booking in appointment at 10 weeks and was given the number to call and book my own scan, I had to wait a week to call so paperwork would be passed over etc and was offered a appointment the following week at 12+3 as they are very keen to see you between 11-13 weeks

PrincessWellington Thu 20-Mar-14 12:09:01

Booked in for scan during appointment, beginning of April

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now