Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

15 weeks pregnant and fell over

(10 Posts)
MrsGiraffe12 Wed 19-Mar-14 18:58:33

So yeah.
I'm 15 + 3 and fell over going up a kerb today, landed on my hands and kind of on my side. My handbag was under my belly so it didn't hit the ground so to speak but it dug in.
My hands are skinned and my shins are too.

My husband is concerned and thinks I should go to hospital to be checked over. Would they be able to reassure me at this stage or would it cause more panic than good ie may not hear the heartbeat as early on anyway.

What would you do? Should I phone NHS direct for advice or just go to a and e and see if they can assess me x

Casmama Wed 19-Mar-14 19:02:34

Unless you hurt your side or have abdominal pain or bleeding then I wouldn't worry. Your baby is only about the size of a pear and cushioned by plenty of amniotic fluid so should be absolutely fine.

Sorry about your hands and shins though!

LittleMissGerardButlersMinion Wed 19-Mar-14 19:41:19

Are you a negative blood group? As if you are you need an anti d injection within 72 hours.

You could always call the midwife and just see what they say?

MrsGiraffe12 Wed 19-Mar-14 20:05:37

No, not r h - so that's not an issue. Just concerned as am tender where I bashed tummy x

MrsPixieMoo Wed 19-Mar-14 20:08:21

I'd get a scan at the EPU.

Jenbee1 Wed 19-Mar-14 20:16:48

I fell on my arse at 16+2 and I was really worried. Luckily my 16 week mw appointment was the next day and the mw didn't seem concerned at all as casmama said the baby is well protected, doesn't stop the worrying though. I'd phone your mw just to put your mind at ease.

MrsPixieMoo Fri 21-Mar-14 17:26:30

How are you OP?

ningthemerciless Fri 21-Mar-14 17:40:25

Oh poor you op. If it helps, I was at a Flyball competition when I was about 10 weeks and this ridiculous dog careered into me and knocked me full off my feet (owner didn't apologise grumble grumble).

As others have said, baby is well protected but phone your MW for reassurance - that's what they are there for.

How you feeling?

MissSlackPants84 Fri 21-Mar-14 18:53:15

I fell down the stairs at 16 weeks. As I had no bleeding the midwife and EPU didn't seem concerned.

Do you have a number to ring your midwife for advice?

MrsGiraffe12 Fri 21-Mar-14 19:36:35

I gave 111 a ring in the end, they wernt too worried as I had no pain or bleeding. Am a bit sore but nothing too concerning :-) thanks for advice everyone x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now